3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 23, 2012 9:24 PM by groove25

How do I edit multiple states?

DBXPX

I'm working on an animated .gif and there are 75 states. There's a piece of the image I want to remove, and I want it to effect all states. How can I edit all states at once to remove this piece of the image?

• 1. Re: How do I edit multiple states?
          groove25 Level 4

A few ideas:

• If a layer has been shared across states, editing that layer within any state will affect all states. (However, this means the layer must remain the same across all the states—i.e. it can't really be animated per se. To share a layer, choose "Share Layer to States" from the Layers panel fly-out menu.)
          • If the object being animated is a symbol, then editing the symbol will affect all the instances, across all states.
          • Within the States panel, choosing "Show All States" and "Multi-State Editing" from the onion skinning menu (at bottom), will allow you to edit objects across multiple states simultaneously.
          1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: How do I edit multiple states?
            DBXPX Level 1

Thanks, but I still don't see an option for editing multiple states simultaneously.

• 3. Re: How do I edit multiple states?
              groove25 Level 4

Here's a screenshot of the "Show All States"/"Multi-State Editing" options available within the States panel:

multi-state editing.png