No one got a clue ?
Sorry - I can't find where to download your files in thoses links. Maybe try another file hosting service without so many ads?
I have the same proble. I had an animation made with preview 6 that run smoothly on an iPad, after compiling with preview 7 it crashes.
i have that problem in only safari browser
Did you need new links maybe ?
Ok the problem is really bad.
I start an empty project with a really stripdown version of my animation just a basic animation with no script.
and this are the results
this is the source
it run fine on desktop, but it freezes on ipad2 (with ipad3 a little better but very jercky)
I'm trying to guess here, but I saw that they change the animation css from
["transform", "translateY", '-770px']
["style", "top", '-770px']
is it possible that the latest is slower?
P.S. I'm doing this for a dps project so it must run on ipad.
Like I sad it used to run very well with edge preview 6
Can Someone conferm this problem.
I did some extra test first by applying the animation only to one object, but with the same results.
Finally I so the io I remove all the images that compose the puzzle except one the animation work.
I repeat my self the problem is notable on ios safari and only with the latest release of edge.
Can someone test the file above and confirm the problem?
is there anybody help us?
Hey, can you upload your files maybe using Google Docs or Dropbox? I can't get to them even with the new links, keep getting bombarded with ads.
I wonder if something went wrong with your upload? I definitely saw the problem when viewing the link you provided, though after testing using Adobe Shadow and uploading via my own site the problem went away. Try this link to see if you still get the problem:
Thanks for trying to help.
Here is the google docs link as you want :
Edge 5 : https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B1srvlFzsLpBS1cxc3c3Z3R1X00 (smooth / no lags)
Edge 7 : https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B1srvlFzsLpBdG5KMlZDaXJGYmc (laggy as hell)
thanks for your reply, I tested your link on my ipad3 and iphone and seems to work. didn't test on ipad2 were it was worst.
what did you do?
I tested mine from my localhost and I also published it on a dps folio, with diffent pc too, so I don't think it was an upload problem.
could you post your file and see if the work for me?
anyway it doesn't seem I'm the only one with this problem...
Actually after a couple of refresh it crashed my browser, more then once
All I did was open the file you sent me, resaved in a new directory and uploaded to my server. Tested on my iPad2 on iOS5. I uploaded a zip if you wanna take a look.
I saw that you uploaded the unpublished version of the file. Try to open it with edge and then publish the animation.
The publish version doesn't work, and after some test I realize it depend on the number of images that are on stage.
I tryed to apply the animation only to one object, but with the same results.
Finally I saw the if I remove all the images that compose the puzzle except one the animation work.
Even with your file I can see that the animation uses a lot of memory and the browser sometime crashes on ios.
The Edge team should defenitly look deeper into this.
any solutions yet?
Damn, i've upload my files 3 times for the Edge Team, and, still stuck at the same point... We need some help guys !
Hapxton, I requested permission to view your files a few days ago. The first two uploads we weren't able to access the download links.
I'm having the same issue. Published there seems to be much more lag on the iPad, while the desktop versions run fine.
Sorry for the silence on this - we've been working internally on this and we think we've discovered the source of your issue. First, here are the fixed files:
Source files (which includes a published folder):
What was happening was that you were maxing out the device memory on the iPad. Even though your PNGs are small on the device, they are each 1024x768 with huge swaths of transparent background. While this compresses really nicely in PNG format, it ends up taking a lot of memory when it gets blitted to the screen, as the OS interprets the PNGs and makes it into a bitmap internally. So think: 1024x768x4 bits per pixel, and 19 images (18 of the falling images and one background image), plus a possible additional bit per transparent pixel to denote its transparency status. Depending on the device, this could run out of memory pretty quickly.
In order to make this a lot lighter, I cropped each PNG as close to the image as I could using Fireworks, and then edited the file to use the x,y info for the image in Edge Animate instead. Once we published this version, we were unable to reproduce your problem.
Please let us know if the new version hosted on my server works better on your device! BTW, the graphics are gorgeous, and I love the hexagonal artwork.
thank for the reply. I came up with the same solution, cropping all the transparent png to their actuall size, and now everything works fine.
It still sound wierd to me that this problem came out after the release of preview 7 and didn't appen in the previous version, but I'm happy I was able to solve it.
Glad you got it worked out! I believe we did add a tiny amount to our load in Preview 7, which may have just tipped things over to running out of memory.