5 Replies Latest reply on Aug 26, 2012 10:55 AM by sperry1975

Liquid Layout & Alternate Layout

sperry1975 Level 1

I have a book file that is in "Letter - Half" size (5.5 x 8.5) and I need to change it to a full "Letter" size (8.5 x 11). I've struggled somewhat with Liquid Layout & Alternate Layout. At first I could get them to do anything at all worth doing except change the page size, yet leaving the text field or text box and object boxes the same. What I need is the text boxes and object boxes to expand with change in page size. Additionally it would be nice to be able to get the text box to expand based on the change in the "margins and columbs" adjustments. Would anyone happen to know how to do that?

What I have discovered in fiddling with the "page tool" (shift+p) is that the main reason the text boxes were not expanding was that they were locked. Once I clicked on the two locks for width and highth it fixed one problem, but created another. I now must click on each individual page and unlock each box and in Liquid Layouts click on all four "Pin:"s (Top, Left, Bottom, and Right) on each pages text or object box for things to change with the changing of the page size. There must be a way to automatically select all the Pins, unlocks, and resize with pages height and width boxes for all the pages at once. If I can get that done then the rest is easy. Can anyone help me with that?