1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 25, 2012 5:32 AM by Buru Lászlo Zoltán

Stuck with GridItemRenderer

Buru Lászlo Zoltán

Here is my problem. I have a s:GridItemRenderer (the spark DataGrid size where I use this, is: 100% x 100%) and here is the function in it:

override public function prepare(hasBeenRecycled:Boolean):void {
          myLabel
      .text = width.toString();
      }

and here is the "myLabel" in it:

<s:Label id="myLabel" x="0" y="0" width="100%" height="20" paddingBottom="0" paddingLeft="0" paddingRight="0" paddingTop="0"/>

SO AND THE PROBLEM IS:

When i drag the side of the window, and resize it everything is fine! myLabel is updating, but sometimes the last column doesn't. BUT when I maximize the window, NOTHING happend, BUT the "width" variable is updated, but the myLabel.text doesn't. (so I try to use this.width too, but it isn't take effects)

• 1. Re: Stuck with GridItemRenderer
          Buru Lászlo Zoltán Level 1

The solution I think is (This is good for me, what do You think about this?):

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

<s:GridItemRenderer xmlns:fx="http://ns.adobe.com/mxml/2009"

xmlns:s="library://ns.adobe.com/flex/spark"

xmlns:mx="library://ns.adobe.com/flex/mx"

width="100%" height="100%"

clipAndEnableScrolling="true"

resize="griditemrenderer1_resizeHandler(event)">

<fx:Script>

<![CDATA[

import mx.events.ResizeEvent;

override public function prepare(hasBeenRecycled:Boolean):void {

lbl.text = column.grid.getColumnWidth(column.columnIndex).toString();

}

protected function griditemrenderer1_resizeHandler(event:ResizeEvent):void {

column.grid.validateNow();

}

]]>

</fx:Script>

<s:Label id="lbl" x="0" y="0" width="100%" height="40" backgroundColor="#FA8888"/>

</s:GridItemRenderer>