3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 25, 2012 6:35 AM by Frustrated in AZ

opening ebooks

dladidotti Level 1

I get a "can not open this book as this device is not activated" message when I try to open ebooks.  I have activated and followed instructions. Please HELP??? thanks, dladidotti

• 1. Re: opening ebooks
          Frustrated in AZ Level 4

What device is it?  The PC/Mac?  An ereader?  The answer makes all the

difference in helping you.  And, please include more information on the

status of the ebook, plus what you've done so far (installation,

registration with Adobe, registration of an ereader with the

manufacturer...).

=========

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: opening ebooks
            dladidotti Level 1

It's a Pandigital multimedia ereader (white).I have installed and registered with Adobe.  Also registered the ereader with the manufacturer. I can open the books on my pc.  I am able to download successfully to my husband's older Pandigital from my pc.  On the other hand, I cannot successfully download to the new one from my pc or my husband's desktop.  I am thinking now that the problem may be with the ereader itself.?.  thank you so much for your input.

• 3. Re: opening ebooks
              Frustrated in AZ Level 4

Check the list of supported ereaders at THIS

link<http://blogs.adobe.com/digitalpublishing/supported-devices>.

I think the one you're talking about is on the list.  You can check the

instructions that came with it - or its help file - to see if there's

something that might help also (which you probably did).

Sometimes, ereaders may need to be reset physically once in a while (to

cure their Alzheimer's), and that might help.

Also, certain ebooks will not let you transfer them from your PC to an

ereader because of the digital rights that the publisher or distributor has

assigned to them.  You can check this out by looking at the properties of

the ebook on your computer: bring up ADE in Library mode, and click on the

small arrow next to the name of the ebook.  A drop-down menu will appear,

with a choice of "Item Info".  Click on that, and about halfway down the

next screen are properties.  If it says you cannot copy the ebook, then the

digital rights won't let you do it, and the message you're seeing really

means this instead of what it says.

Hope this helps!

============