4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 29, 2012 8:32 AM by FixitMAD1 Branched from an earlier discussion.

Acrobat 10.1.3 Crash w/ Redax (5.0.0) plugin

FixitMAD1 Level 1

Hello,

We are having this same Crash on Exit issue but when using a plug-in called Redax (v5.0.0) and under Windows 7 - sp1 32bit edition.  The user has Acrobat standard v10.1.3.

This is the message we get:

Problem signature:
        Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
        Application Name: Acrobat.exe
        Application Version: 10.1.3.23
        Application Timestamp: 4f7bc871
        Fault Module Name: Acrobat.dll
        Fault Module Version: 10.1.3.23
        Fault Module Timestamp: 4f7bd9b8
        Exception Code: c0000005
        Exception Offset: 000bdf75
        OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
        Locale ID: 1033
        Additional Information 1: 0a9e
        Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
        Additional Information 3: 0a9e
        Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Read our privacy statement online:
        http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
        C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

This problem occurs when the user tries to add a Stamp to a PDF, save and then exit Acrobat. So far, the only fix I have found is to remove the Redax plugin from under the Acrobat plug-ins folder.  Appligent is unable to duplicate this issue, so I'm thinking it has something to do with the latest update to Acrobat v10.1.3.

On a side note, I have also tried to rename the Weblink.api file but this did nothing to stop the crash error message from Acrobat.

I hope Acrobat addresses this or at least is indicating they are working on a fix for this.

• 1. Re: Acrobat 10.1.3 crash on quit
          FixitMAD1 Level 1

Last update from Adobe staff on this thread was from May 17 2012!  Any update Adobe? This is KIND OF A BIG DEAL!

Some type of progress or update would be helpful and nice.

• 2. Re: Acrobat 10.1.3 crash on quit
            Sabian Zildjian Level 4

You said that Aplligent has replicated the issue with their Redax plug-in correct?  Do you know if the developer has contacted Adobe Developer Support regarding this matter?  

• 3. Re: Acrobat 10.1.3 crash on quit
              FixitMAD1 Level 1

Hello,

I am now confirming with my rep at Appligent that they have done that. Just an update, Acrobat v10.1.4 still causes the crash on exit. I have a dump file now regarding this new version. This is under Windows 7 32bit, 4GB RAM and the Redax v5 Plug-in. If I remove the Redax plug-in from the Acrobat plug-ins folder, acrobat will no longer crash on exit.

As soon as this plug-in is installed again under the Acrobat plug-ins folder, Acrobat will crash on exit. This crash on exit will happen regardless if Redax was used or not on the PDF document. Just opening up Acrobat 10.1.4 with the Redax plug-in and not opening a PDF, will cause this program to crash on exit.

I have uninstalled Acrobat X and redax. Ran cleanup of system, Ran Defrag. Installed fresh Acrobat X and tested, working ok. Install Redax plug-in, Acrobat crashes on exit. 

• 4. Re: Acrobat 10.1.3 crash on quit
                FixitMAD1 Level 1

Appligent has NOT been able to reproduce this error so they indicated they cannot contact Adobe Developer support regarding this matter. I am not sure what else to do.

The temporary fix is to remove the Appligent plug-in from under Acrobat X plug-ins folder and Acrobat 10.1.4 will perform a normal close. We are using a Dell Optiplex 790 system so I am starting to wonder if this is related somehow to this system?