2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 25, 2012 8:42 AM by PrAEPs

Why does the Roto Brush tool keep crashing?

PrAEPs

Whenever I'm Rotoscoping using this tool (love it by the way), it works it's magic for a few seconds and then just stops. It then continues playing the video without Rotoscoping. Now I can't just hit enter and walk away while it does its job, I have to stay and watch (it isn't that bad, but it is annoying). Any ideas?

• 1. Re: Why does the Roto Brush tool keep crashing?
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

Have you actually read the help on Rotobrush and are aware of the concept of base frames and spans and how the affect the propagation? No offense, but I don't get the impression that you have and are expecting some magic to happen. Seriously, read up. Everything you describe sounds perfectly normal - if there is only an initial selection the propagation will only cover the default spans of +/- 20frames and then simply move on. Only manually clicking inside the span, drawing another base frame or extending the span duration will drive the analysis further.

Mylenium

• 2. Re: Why does the Roto Brush tool keep crashing?
            PrAEPs Level 1

Thnaks man! The video I watched when i first learned about this never really talked about this. Thanks!