5 Replies Latest reply on Jan 7, 2015 3:40 AM by Ann Bens

title designer coordinates bug

davidp158 Level 1

I'm having an issue with CS6 Premiere Pro's title designer.

If I place text in the title, add it to my timeline, and then reopen the title for editing, I find that the coordinates of the placed text read as X 100 & Y 100, regardless of where they are actually placed. As soon as I click on either coordinate text field, the text will jump to X 100 or Y 100, depending on which field I click on. I have revisited this a few times, and consistently, the coordinates for placed text read as X 100 & Y 100. In CS5.5, they simply retain their proper coordinates. Am I doing something wrong, or is this a bug???

System info:

CS6 Premiere Pro 6.0.1 (MC: 264587)

6-core MacPro5,1

16GB RAM

OSX 10.6.8

ATI  Radeon HD 5870 video card

Permissions repaired and disks checked (ONXY & Disk Warrior)

Here's a screen shot of some text's position coordinates after being placed:

CS6-PP-title-coordinates-1_SM.jpg

Here's what I get when I double click the title to open it for editing. Note that the text is still in its original location in the title, but the coordinates now read as X 100 & Y 100:

CS6-PP-title-coordinates-2_SM.jpg

This is mostly a major annoyance as I can manually reposition the text, but if I want to match text postions of a few titles via numerical coordinates, I have to enter both X and Y values.