2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 26, 2012 2:31 PM by RbertieA

Photoshop CS6 used on an extended desktop

RbertieA

Very strange reactions from Photoshop CS6 when used on my Lenovo ThinkPad in an extended desktop situation. Any attempt to open an image in Photoshop is unsuccessful in showing the actual image, despite the layers box shoing the thumbnail, the "open ifle" text box at the top indicating it is open, and the image details box also indicating correct data for the image file.  If I close down extended desktop Photoshop works just fine. If I extend the desktop once Photoshop is running, I can move the open window to the extended desktop and it also works fine. Once I close Photoshop I am back to square one. Any insights appreciated.

• 1. Re: Photoshop CS6 used on an extended desktop
          Noel Carboni Level 8

RbertieA wrote:

Any attempt to open an image in Photoshop is unsuccessful in showing the actual image, despite the layers box shoing the thumbnail, the "open ifle" text box at the top indicating it is open, and the image details box also indicating correct data for the image file.

That's a pretty solid sign of a display driver problem.

Is your laptop using an Intel GPU?  Intel drivers have traditionally been kind of iffy with regard to accelerating Photoshop.

You may be able to find an updated display driver for your setup that gives you better results.  Exhaust this possibility first.

Or you might find that Photoshop is made usable by turning off the [  ] Use Graphics Processor setting in Edit - Preferences - Performance.  You lose some features with this approach, however.

-Noel

• 2. Re: Photoshop CS6 used on an extended desktop
            RbertieA Level 1

Thanks Noel. In fact I had to manually delete the NVIDIA driver and reinstall the new one. Now it works like a charm. Cheers!