Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Swipe movie controls?

Aug 26, 2012 Aug 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay I really need some help. I am working with Air for Android (CS6) and have built out a motion comic as a movie, with stops on Key Frames. The movie is fine, but I am havng trouble with the swipe controls.

I need it to right swipe, go to next frame and play. But, on the swipe left, I need it to go to the previous frame and play in reverse (going back to the previous stop frame).

I just can't seem to get the s script right.

TOPICS
ActionScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the script that you cannot get right for the swipe left?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually I am trying to do it through adjusting to Code Snippet: Swipe to Go to Next/Previous Frame and Stop

Only changing it to Play instead of Stop, then changing the direct to "backward" 

I haven't had to use Actionscript ages, so I am a little lost. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The move backwards thru the timeline requires continuously executing the prevFrame() method until you reach whatever frame it needs to stop at.  I do not use snippets so I have no idea if that would be included... though I doubt it.  To execute the command you could initiate an ENTER_FRAME event listener and use its event handler function to process the prevFrame calls...

addEventListener(Event.ENTER_FRAME, moveBack);

function moveBack(evt:Event):void {

if(currentFrame > desiredFrameNumber){

prevFrame();

} else {

removeEventListener(Event.ENTER_FRAME, moveBack);

}

}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thnx. I think I am starting to see where the problem lays. I don't think it is best to do this as one long movie.

The movie runs a series of dynamic transitions, stoping at what are supposed to be static panels/pages in the comic. Previously, I have already cut everything up into short scenes. With each scene also having a copy with reversed frames. I will just direct them to play as needed. I has just hoping to find a different way. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are designing in the timeline there are limitations, so you either do what you say you did and devise a set of incoming and outgoing transitions, or do what I suggested and only have one transiton that you walk forward and backward within. 

Another way to approach the design is with code and not timeline animations, but I doubt snippetrs are going to get you far going the coded route

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thnx. The whole thing is more of a stop gap. The project was supposed to be native Android, for a client working with Samsung (mobile). But, there was a problem with the Android programmer that was brought on board. With the deadline looming, it was decided to switch, and go with Air for Android, as the movie was built using Swishmax. I have another day to sort it out. 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines