1 2 Previous Next 42 Replies Latest reply on Aug 7, 2013 5:07 PM by Michiharu Ariza

Photoshop crashes every time I try to use "HDR Toning" option or text tool... WHYYYY???

zelda_lullaby Level 1

So i hit the little "T" text tool, and i get the generic Windows 7 "This program has encountered a program and needs to close" error. I click out of the error box, and all my work disappears as well as any changed preferences and recently opened files. The same happens when i try to use Image>Adjustments>HDR Toning. Yay. And what's funny is BOTH errors display a fault module of "CoolType.dll." ARGH.

I have tried EVERYTHING that everyone has posted about on every computer-related forum that i could find. NOTHING has worked at all. I deleted every single font minus the system fonts, including anything mentioning them in the system registry. Tried new copy of the dll file, nothing. Reset Photoshop preferences, nothing. System restore failed. Uninstall/reinstall of entire Adobe Master Collection failed. I am about to throw my computer through a wall.

Oh, and in the 32-bit version, HDR Toning works but the text tool gives me an error message that "something prevented the text engine from being initialized." And, well, i just don't want to use the 32-bit version.

I have a lot of work to get done, so if someone could help me find the answer to this issue once and for all, that would be awesome. Thanks.

• 1. Re: Photoshop crashes every time I try to use "HDR Toning" option or text tool... WHYYYY???
          Noel Carboni Level 8

Did you try updating your display driver?

What video card do you have and what version of the display driver?

-Noel

• 2. Re: Photoshop crashes every time I try to use "HDR Toning" option or text tool... WHYYYY???
            zelda_lullaby Level 1

Hmm, forgot about that one... Well, that fixed the HDR problem. Many thanks.

I have a NVidia GeForce 9500 GT card - not the best, but definitely not the worst. While in Device Manager, I noticed my Wacom Virtual Hid Driver has an error - something about verifying the digital signature for the required drivers... wonder if it relates. Probably not...

However, I still can't use the text tool. 

• 3. Re: Photoshop crashes every time I try to use "HDR Toning" option or text tool... WHYYYY???
              Noel Carboni Level 8

I can only guess that you still have one or more fonts that cause Photoshop heartburn.  I don't know the most expedient way for you to continue the debugging of that.

-Noel

• 4. Re: Photoshop crashes every time I try to use "HDR Toning" option or text tool... WHYYYY???
                zelda_lullaby Level 1

Like i said, i deleted every single font except the few system fonts that wouldn't uninstall. Can a system font affect Photoshop when it didn't before? I did (i am assuming) install too many fonts at once, and have had issues since then. Could that have affected a font that had already been installed??

• 5. Re: Photoshop crashes every time I try to use "HDR Toning" option or text tool... WHYYYY???
                  zelda_lullaby Level 1

Hmm... I have three font files that display an icon that looks like a shortcut, ADMUI3Lg Regular, ADMUI3Sm Regular and Fixedsys Regular. I cannot delete them (no error, no message, just does nothing when i try to delete) and when i went into Properties for one of the ADMUI3 fonts and changed the extension to something random, i started getting an error message when i open Photoshop saying "$$$/ADMDialog/iFontProblemWarning=The Adobe UI font could not be loaded." Interesting...

Still crashes when i try to use the text tool, though. lol... I just made it worse, i think.

• 6. Re: Photoshop crashes every time I try to use "HDR Toning" option or text tool... WHYYYY???
                    zelda_lullaby Level 1

Error at Photoshop startup goes away if i "hide" those 3 fonts.

• 7. Re: Photoshop crashes every time I try to use "HDR Toning" option or text tool... WHYYYY???
                      zelda_lullaby Level 1

Oh, and restoring system font settings just reinstalled a bunch of original fonts that i had deleted, but did nothing to those three shortcut files.

• 8. Re: Photoshop crashes every time I try to use "HDR Toning" option or text tool... WHYYYY???
                        Noel Carboni Level 8

The fonts you mentioned don't look any different than others to me...

FontAppearance.jpg

I'm not sure hiding font files - setting their "Hidden" attribute - is necessarily useful or effective.  If you want to eliminate a font from being involved in any operations, move it out into another temporary folder somewhere that's not under the \Windows\Fonts folder.

-Noel

• 9. Re: Photoshop crashes every time I try to use "HDR Toning" option or text tool... WHYYYY???
                          zelda_lullaby Level 1

Nope. Look - this is what they look like for me. It's RETARDED and i can't move, delete or view properties for any of them. I can only hide them.

• 11. Re: Photoshop crashes every time I try to use "HDR Toning" option or text tool... WHYYYY???
                            Noel Carboni Level 8

Try navigating to C:\Windows\Fonts (type or paste that into the address bar).  Do they look the same?

-Noel

• 12. Re: Photoshop crashes every time I try to use "HDR Toning" option or text tool... WHYYYY???
                              zelda_lullaby Level 1

Tried reinstalling those fonts and now they appear as normal files without the little shortcut icon. Of course, that fixed nothing in Photoshop. Figures...

• 13. Re: Photoshop crashes every time I try to use "HDR Toning" option or text tool... WHYYYY???
                                zelda_lullaby Level 1

In response to your question, the Fixedsys font still looks like that, but reinstalling the other two somehow fixed them, so i'm going to try reinstalling Fixedsys Regular to see if maybe that's the culprit... *fingers crossed*

• 14. Re: Photoshop crashes every time I try to use "HDR Toning" option or text tool... WHYYYY???
                                  zelda_lullaby Level 1

Ok, i don't know what just happened, but now the two adobe fonts are showing as shortcuts again. Bah.

• 15. Re: Photoshop crashes every time I try to use "HDR Toning" option or text tool... WHYYYY???
                                    zelda_lullaby Level 1

Is this helpful at all?

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name:    APPCRASH

Application Name:    Photoshop.exe

Application Version:    12.0.0.0

Application Timestamp:    4bbc5b10

Fault Module Name:    CoolType.dll

Fault Module Version:    5.7.82.7602

Fault Module Timestamp:    4b980c97

Exception Code:    c0000005

Exception Offset:    0000000000073a92

OS Version:    6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1

Locale ID:    1033

Additional Information 1:    93e1

Additional Information 2:    93e102df4d98705ed9e9579933ba9a74

Additional Information 3:    c3c4

Additional Information 4:    c3c44eba5218a2e1160732f5268a4c90

• 16. Re: Photoshop crashes every time I try to use "HDR Toning" option or text tool... WHYYYY???
                                      Level 7

You skipped 4 dot releases. Please download and install the updates for Photoshop CS5.

• 17. Re: Photoshop crashes every time I try to use "HDR Toning" option or text tool... WHYYYY???
                                        zelda_lullaby Level 1

Yeah, i updated to 12.0.4. Now it just changes that in the error code when i select the text tool.

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name:    APPCRASH

Application Name:    Photoshop.exe

Application Version:    12.0.4.0

Application Timestamp:    4d9d8f8e

Fault Module Name:    CoolType.dll

Fault Module Version:    5.7.83.10783

Fault Module Timestamp:    4cab0d45

Exception Code:    c0000005

Exception Offset:    0000000000073a92

OS Version:    6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1

Locale ID:    1033

Additional Information 1:    93e1

Additional Information 2:    93e102df4d98705ed9e9579933ba9a74

Additional Information 3:    cf50

Additional Information 4:    cf50740ff6acc27e490c8f5910ad0635

• 18. Re: Photoshop crashes every time I try to use "HDR Toning" option or text tool... WHYYYY???
                                          zelda_lullaby Level 1

BTW it just didn't have that update because i had reinstalled it earlier to try to fix the problem and forgot to reinstall the updates.

• 19. Re: Photoshop crashes every time I try to use "HDR Toning" option or text tool... WHYYYY???
                                            Level 7

OK, you still have a corrupt font on your system.

But at least now we can rule out older bugs that were known to be fixed in the dot release.

• 20. Re: Photoshop crashes every time I try to use "HDR Toning" option or text tool... WHYYYY???
                                              zelda_lullaby Level 1

And a way to fix it would be??? I restored all the system default font settings, so there are no fonts on my machine that did not come with my machine. So how is it a font??

• 21. Re: Photoshop crashes every time I try to use "HDR Toning" option or text tool... WHYYYY???
                                                Noel Carboni Level 8

Given that you've seen a font look like it's a shortcut, I'd say not everything is necessarily right there.

Here's an idea:  Start a CMD window (As Administrator), then type these two commands:

CD \Windows\Fonts

DIR

Copy the results and post them here.

I'll be happy to go through every entry and see if it's different from my working Windows 7 system.  Or if you'd like to check each entry yourself, here's my listing (which of course has more than the default fonts in it) using the above commands:

http://Noel.ProDigitalSoftware.com/ForumPosts/FontsDir.txt

-Noel

• 22. Re: Photoshop crashes every time I try to use "HDR Toning" option or text tool... WHYYYY???
                                                  zelda_lullaby Level 1

They don't show up like that anymore. I slaved my drive and deleted all the fonts, and let Windows repair itself upon startup, so now they all look right.

Here's what i get:

fontdir.png

• 23. Re: Photoshop crashes every time I try to use "HDR Toning" option or text tool... WHYYYY???
                                                    zelda_lullaby Level 1

The only thing not in your list is "StaticCache.dat," which... i have no idea where that came from, but it wasn't there before. So since it wasn't there before, it probably wasn't causing the issue.

• 24. Re: Photoshop crashes every time I try to use "HDR Toning" option or text tool... WHYYYY???
                                                      Noel Carboni Level 8

Details matter.  Note that some of the dates/sizes differ from the fonts in my list.

You have several in there from before Windows 7 was released, and some of the fonts have been updated since Windows 7 was first released via Windows Updates.  These are the fonts on my working system that correspond to those you listed.  The differences are highlighted in red.

05/10/2011  06:30 PM           778,552 arial.ttf

06/10/2009  04:43 PM             6,336 cga40woa.fon

06/10/2009  04:43 PM             4,304 cga80woa.fon

06/10/2009  04:43 PM            36,656 dosapp.fon

06/10/2009  04:43 PM             8,368 ega40woa.fon

06/10/2009  04:43 PM        13,524,972 gulim.ttc

06/10/2009  04:44 PM            26,672 marlett.ttf

06/10/2009  04:44 PM           652,664 micross.ttf

06/10/2009  04:43 PM        32,217,124 mingliu.ttc

06/10/2009  04:43 PM         9,176,636 msgothic.ttc

06/10/2009  04:43 PM        10,057,108 msmincho.ttc

01/16/2011  07:32 PM           516,560 segoeui.ttf

01/16/2011  07:32 PM           497,372 segoeuib.ttf

01/16/2011  07:32 PM           385,560 segoeuii.ttf

06/10/2009  04:44 PM            57,936 serife.fon

06/10/2009  04:43 PM        15,323,200 simsun.ttc

06/10/2009  04:44 PM            66,464 sserifee.fon

05/10/2011  06:30 PM           700,180 tahoma.ttf

06/29/2011  12:33 AM           191,344 verdana.ttf

02/09/2011  03:30 PM           155,384 verdanab.ttf

06/10/2009  04:44 PM             5,168 vgaoem.fon

06/10/2009  04:44 PM             7,280 vgasys.fon

I don't know what methods you're using to restore fonts to what they were when your system was new, but you've not been complete about it.

I have a test system here that has had nothing but Windows 7 freshly installed and SP1 added.  I got a full listing of all the fonts shipped with Windows that should be on your system.  It has SIGNIFICANTLY more fonts in it than your system now has.  You need to strive to make your list of fonts better match this list:

06/10/2009  04:43 PM            10,976 8514fix.fon

06/10/2009  04:43 PM            10,976 8514fixe.fon

06/10/2009  04:43 PM            11,520 8514fixg.fon

06/10/2009  04:43 PM            10,976 8514fixr.fon

06/10/2009  04:43 PM            11,488 8514fixt.fon

06/10/2009  04:43 PM            12,288 8514oem.fon

06/10/2009  04:43 PM            13,248 8514oeme.fon

06/10/2009  04:43 PM            12,800 8514oemg.fon

06/10/2009  04:43 PM            13,200 8514oemr.fon

06/10/2009  04:43 PM            12,720 8514oemt.fon

06/10/2009  04:43 PM             9,280 8514sys.fon

06/10/2009  04:43 PM             9,504 8514syse.fon

06/10/2009  04:43 PM             9,856 8514sysg.fon

06/10/2009  04:43 PM            10,064 8514sysr.fon

06/10/2009  04:43 PM             9,792 8514syst.fon

06/10/2009  04:43 PM            12,304 85775.fon

06/10/2009  04:43 PM            12,256 85855.fon

06/10/2009  04:43 PM            12,336 85f1255.fon

06/10/2009  04:43 PM            12,384 85f1256.fon

06/10/2009  04:43 PM            10,976 85f1257.fon

06/10/2009  04:44 PM            12,288 85f874.fon

06/10/2009  04:43 PM            10,224 85s1255.fon

06/10/2009  04:43 PM            10,608 85s1256.fon

06/10/2009  04:43 PM             9,472 85s1257.fon

06/10/2009  04:44 PM            10,240 85s874.fon

06/10/2009  04:43 PM            50,468 ahronbd.ttf

06/10/2009  04:43 PM           158,956 andlso.ttf

06/10/2009  04:44 PM           109,808 angsa.ttf

06/10/2009  04:44 PM           106,220 angsab.ttf

06/10/2009  04:44 PM           103,444 angsai.ttf

06/10/2009  04:44 PM           109,784 angsau.ttf

06/10/2009  04:44 PM           106,236 angsaub.ttf

06/10/2009  04:44 PM           103,408 angsaui.ttf

06/10/2009  04:44 PM           105,592 angsauz.ttf

06/10/2009  04:44 PM           105,636 angsaz.ttf

02/05/2011  03:25 PM           222,356 aparaj.ttf

02/05/2011  03:25 PM           215,860 aparajb.ttf

02/05/2011  03:25 PM           228,456 aparajbi.ttf

02/05/2011  03:25 PM           239,596 aparaji.ttf

06/10/2009  04:43 PM            35,808 app775.fon

06/10/2009  04:43 PM            36,672 app850.fon

06/10/2009  04:43 PM            36,656 app852.fon

06/10/2009  04:43 PM            37,296 app855.fon

06/10/2009  04:43 PM            36,672 app857.fon

06/10/2009  04:43 PM            37,472 app866.fon

06/10/2009  04:43 PM            80,896 app932.fon

06/10/2009  04:43 PM            70,000 app936.fon

06/10/2009  04:43 PM            80,896 app949.fon

06/10/2009  04:43 PM            70,000 app950.fon

06/10/2009  04:43 PM           623,628 arabtype.ttf

11/04/2010  06:59 PM           772,192 arial.ttf

11/04/2010  06:59 PM           748,720 arialbd.ttf

11/04/2010  06:59 PM           561,616 arialbi.ttf

11/04/2010  06:59 PM           555,588 ariali.ttf

06/10/2009  04:43 PM           119,876 ariblk.ttf

06/10/2009  04:43 PM        16,264,732 batang.ttc

06/10/2009  04:44 PM            89,656 browa.ttf

06/10/2009  04:44 PM            75,424 browab.ttf

06/10/2009  04:44 PM           100,224 browai.ttf

06/10/2009  04:44 PM            89,616 browau.ttf

06/10/2009  04:44 PM            75,416 browaub.ttf

06/10/2009  04:44 PM           100,216 browaui.ttf

06/10/2009  04:44 PM            89,376 browauz.ttf

06/10/2009  04:44 PM            89,380 browaz.ttf

06/10/2009  04:43 PM            10,992 c8514fix.fon

06/10/2009  04:43 PM            13,552 c8514oem.fon

06/10/2009  04:43 PM            17,760 c8514sys.fon

06/10/2009  04:43 PM           811,052 calibri.ttf

06/10/2009  04:43 PM           848,720 calibrib.ttf

06/10/2009  04:43 PM           853,348 calibrii.ttf

06/10/2009  04:43 PM           899,560 calibriz.ttf

02/05/2011  03:25 PM         1,622,732 cambria.ttc

02/05/2011  03:25 PM           792,488 cambriab.ttf

02/05/2011  03:25 PM           827,080 cambriai.ttf

02/05/2011  03:25 PM           805,864 cambriaz.ttf

06/10/2009  04:43 PM           218,504 Candara.ttf

06/10/2009  04:43 PM           226,564 Candarab.ttf

06/10/2009  04:43 PM           226,604 Candarai.ttf

06/10/2009  04:43 PM           228,304 Candaraz.ttf

06/10/2009  04:43 PM             7,216 cga40737.fon

06/10/2009  04:43 PM             6,352 cga40850.fon

06/10/2009  04:43 PM             6,672 cga40852.fon

06/10/2009  04:43 PM             6,672 cga40857.fon

06/10/2009  04:43 PM             7,232 cga40866.fon

06/10/2009  04:43 PM             7,216 cga40869.fon

06/10/2009  04:43 PM             6,336 cga40woa.fon

06/10/2009  04:43 PM             5,168 cga80737.fon

06/10/2009  04:43 PM             4,320 cga80850.fon

06/10/2009  04:43 PM             5,200 cga80852.fon

06/10/2009  04:43 PM             4,640 cga80857.fon

06/10/2009  04:43 PM             5,168 cga80866.fon

06/10/2009  04:43 PM             5,168 cga80869.fon

06/10/2009  04:43 PM             4,304 cga80woa.fon

06/10/2009  04:43 PM           132,832 comic.ttf

06/10/2009  04:43 PM           117,456 comicbd.ttf

06/10/2009  04:43 PM           358,256 consola.ttf

06/10/2009  04:43 PM           368,520 consolab.ttf

06/10/2009  04:43 PM           364,864 consolai.ttf

06/10/2009  04:43 PM           375,056 consolaz.ttf

06/10/2009  04:43 PM           448,768 constan.ttf

06/10/2009  04:43 PM           450,848 constanb.ttf

06/10/2009  04:43 PM           447,772 constani.ttf

06/10/2009  04:43 PM           454,588 constanz.ttf

06/10/2009  04:43 PM           260,648 corbel.ttf

06/10/2009  04:43 PM           274,388 corbelb.ttf

06/10/2009  04:43 PM           269,048 corbeli.ttf

06/10/2009  04:43 PM           279,400 corbelz.ttf

06/10/2009  04:44 PM           108,572 cordia.ttf

06/10/2009  04:44 PM            95,892 cordiab.ttf

06/10/2009  04:44 PM           100,104 cordiai.ttf

06/10/2009  04:44 PM           108,544 cordiau.ttf

06/10/2009  04:44 PM            95,888 cordiaub.ttf

06/10/2009  04:44 PM           100,100 cordiaui.ttf

06/10/2009  04:44 PM            94,812 cordiauz.ttf

06/10/2009  04:44 PM            94,816 cordiaz.ttf

06/10/2009  04:43 PM            26,432 coue1255.fon

06/10/2009  04:43 PM            26,544 coue1256.fon

06/10/2009  04:43 PM            23,440 coue1257.fon

06/10/2009  04:43 PM            35,888 couf1255.fon

06/10/2009  04:43 PM            36,032 couf1256.fon

06/10/2009  04:43 PM            31,760 couf1257.fon

06/10/2009  04:43 PM           709,600 cour.ttf

06/10/2009  04:43 PM           710,192 courbd.ttf

06/10/2009  04:43 PM           530,336 courbi.ttf

06/10/2009  04:43 PM            23,408 coure.fon

06/10/2009  04:43 PM            23,440 couree.fon

06/10/2009  04:43 PM            25,024 coureg.fon

06/10/2009  04:43 PM            23,440 courer.fon

06/10/2009  04:43 PM            25,024 couret.fon

06/10/2009  04:43 PM            31,712 courf.fon

06/10/2009  04:43 PM            31,776 courfe.fon

06/10/2009  04:43 PM            33,344 courfg.fon

06/10/2009  04:43 PM            31,808 courfr.fon

06/10/2009  04:43 PM            33,360 courft.fon

06/10/2009  04:43 PM           618,240 couri.ttf

06/10/2009  04:43 PM             5,600 cvgafix.fon

06/10/2009  04:43 PM            12,896 cvgasys.fon

02/05/2011  03:25 PM           190,700 daunpenh.ttf

06/10/2009  04:43 PM            56,528 david.ttf

06/10/2009  04:43 PM            55,576 davidbd.ttf

06/10/2009  04:49 PM                65 desktop.ini

02/05/2011  03:25 PM           149,624 dokchamp.ttf

06/10/2009  04:43 PM            36,336 dos737.fon

06/10/2009  04:43 PM            36,816 dos869.fon

06/10/2009  04:43 PM            36,656 dosapp.fon

06/10/2009  04:44 PM           304,428 ebrima.ttf

06/10/2009  04:44 PM           298,952 ebrimabd.ttf

06/10/2009  04:43 PM             9,248 ega40737.fon

06/10/2009  04:43 PM             8,384 ega40850.fon

06/10/2009  04:43 PM             8,368 ega40852.fon

06/10/2009  04:43 PM             8,704 ega40857.fon

06/10/2009  04:43 PM             9,232 ega40866.fon

06/10/2009  04:43 PM             9,248 ega40869.fon

06/10/2009  04:43 PM             8,368 ega40woa.fon

06/10/2009  04:43 PM             6,192 ega80737.fon

06/10/2009  04:43 PM             5,328 ega80850.fon

06/10/2009  04:43 PM             5,344 ega80852.fon

06/10/2009  04:43 PM             5,648 ega80857.fon

06/10/2009  04:43 PM             5,280 ega80866.fon

06/10/2009  04:43 PM             6,192 ega80869.fon

06/10/2009  04:43 PM             5,312 ega80woa.fon

06/10/2009  04:43 PM           110,436 estre.ttf

06/10/2009  04:43 PM           172,656 euphemia.ttf

06/10/2009  04:43 PM           139,332 framd.ttf

06/10/2009  04:43 PM           152,104 framdit.ttf

06/10/2009  04:43 PM            63,732 frank.ttf

02/05/2011  03:25 PM         1,804,512 Gabriola.ttf

06/10/2009  04:43 PM           256,384 gautami.ttf

06/10/2009  04:43 PM           221,268 gautamib.ttf

06/10/2009  04:43 PM           157,080 georgia.ttf

06/10/2009  04:43 PM           145,940 georgiab.ttf

06/10/2009  04:43 PM           162,380 georgiai.ttf

06/10/2009  04:43 PM           164,332 georgiaz.ttf

06/10/2009  04:43 PM            72,932 gisha.ttf

06/10/2009  04:43 PM            74,056 gishabd.ttf

07/14/2009  01:32 AM            26,040 GlobalMonospace.CompositeFont

07/14/2009  01:32 AM            26,489 GlobalSansSerif.CompositeFont

07/14/2009  01:32 AM            29,779 GlobalSerif.CompositeFont

07/14/2009  01:32 AM            43,318 GlobalUserInterface.CompositeFont

06/10/2009  04:43 PM        13,524,972 gulim.ttc

06/10/2009  04:43 PM            11,056 h8514fix.fon

06/10/2009  04:43 PM            12,400 h8514oem.fon

06/10/2009  04:43 PM            10,032 h8514sys.fon

06/10/2009  04:44 PM           610,104 himalaya.ttf

06/10/2009  04:43 PM             5,680 hvgafix.fon

06/10/2009  04:43 PM             6,512 hvgasys.fon

02/05/2011  03:25 PM           135,848 impact.ttf

06/10/2009  04:43 PM           548,036 iskpota.ttf

06/10/2009  04:43 PM           368,924 iskpotab.ttf

06/10/2009  04:43 PM            12,896 j8514fix.fon

06/10/2009  04:43 PM            14,432 j8514oem.fon

06/10/2009  04:43 PM            10,656 j8514sys.fon

06/10/2009  04:43 PM            41,584 jsmalle.fon

06/10/2009  04:43 PM            38,480 jsmallf.fon

06/10/2009  04:43 PM             6,528 jvgafix.fon

06/10/2009  04:43 PM             7,728 jvgasys.fon

06/10/2009  04:43 PM         5,178,844 kaiu.ttf

06/10/2009  04:43 PM           212,356 kalinga.ttf

06/10/2009  04:43 PM           205,636 kalingab.ttf

06/10/2009  04:43 PM           131,264 kartika.ttf

06/10/2009  04:43 PM           126,460 kartikab.ttf

06/10/2009  04:44 PM           330,464 KhmerUI.ttf

06/10/2009  04:44 PM           263,864 KhmerUIb.ttf

02/05/2011  03:25 PM           201,680 kokila.ttf

02/05/2011  03:25 PM           202,196 kokilab.ttf

02/05/2011  03:25 PM           235,940 kokilabi.ttf

02/05/2011  03:25 PM           241,672 kokilai.ttf

06/10/2009  04:43 PM            97,516 LaoUI.ttf

06/10/2009  04:43 PM            88,700 LaoUIb.ttf

06/10/2009  04:43 PM           120,848 latha.ttf

06/10/2009  04:43 PM           119,848 lathab.ttf

06/10/2009  04:44 PM            97,752 leelawad.ttf

06/10/2009  04:44 PM            97,420 leelawdb.ttf

06/10/2009  04:43 PM           115,016 lucon.ttf

06/10/2009  04:43 PM            56,856 lvnm.ttf

06/10/2009  04:43 PM            54,804 lvnmbd.ttf

06/10/2009  04:43 PM           325,400 l_10646.ttf

06/10/2009  04:43 PM           370,084 majalla.ttf

06/10/2009  04:43 PM           373,816 majallab.ttf

06/10/2009  04:43 PM         4,337,296 malgun.ttf

06/10/2009  04:43 PM         4,515,044 malgunbd.ttf

11/04/2010  07:00 PM           206,260 mangal.ttf

11/04/2010  07:00 PM           191,892 mangalb.ttf

06/10/2009  04:44 PM            26,672 marlett.ttf

06/10/2009  04:43 PM         9,533,888 meiryo.ttc

06/10/2009  04:43 PM         9,749,256 meiryob.ttc

06/10/2009  04:44 PM           652,664 micross.ttf

06/10/2009  04:43 PM        32,217,124 mingliu.ttc

06/10/2009  04:43 PM        33,805,700 mingliub.ttc

06/10/2009  04:44 PM             8,704 modern.fon

06/10/2009  04:44 PM           356,576 monbaiti.ttf

06/10/2009  04:44 PM           342,840 moolbor.ttf

06/10/2009  04:43 PM            51,996 mriam.ttf

06/10/2009  04:43 PM            56,996 mriamc.ttf

06/10/2009  04:43 PM         9,176,636 msgothic.ttc

06/10/2009  04:43 PM        21,663,376 msjh.ttf

06/10/2009  04:43 PM        14,512,072 msjhbd.ttf

06/10/2009  04:43 PM        10,057,108 msmincho.ttc

06/10/2009  04:43 PM           235,516 msuighur.ttf

06/10/2009  04:43 PM        21,767,952 msyh.ttf

06/10/2009  04:43 PM        14,602,860 msyhbd.ttf

06/10/2009  04:44 PM           342,124 msyi.ttf

06/10/2009  04:43 PM            84,940 mvboli.ttf

06/10/2009  04:43 PM            56,832 nrkis.ttf

06/10/2009  04:44 PM            82,864 ntailu.ttf

06/10/2009  04:44 PM            75,552 ntailub.ttf

06/10/2009  04:44 PM           438,016 nyala.ttf

06/10/2009  04:44 PM           472,664 pala.ttf

06/10/2009  04:44 PM           420,052 palab.ttf

06/10/2009  04:44 PM           336,476 palabi.ttf

06/10/2009  04:44 PM           413,824 palai.ttf

06/10/2009  04:44 PM           146,496 phagspa.ttf

06/10/2009  04:44 PM           150,228 phagspab.ttf

06/10/2009  04:44 PM           118,824 plantc.ttf

06/10/2009  04:43 PM            94,300 raavi.ttf

06/10/2009  04:43 PM            93,800 raavib.ttf

06/10/2009  04:43 PM            61,060 rod.ttf

06/10/2009  04:44 PM            13,312 roman.fon

06/10/2009  04:43 PM            11,056 s8514fix.fon

06/10/2009  04:43 PM            12,384 s8514oem.fon

06/10/2009  04:43 PM            17,760 s8514sys.fon

06/10/2009  04:44 PM            12,288 script.fon

06/10/2009  04:44 PM           172,732 segoepr.ttf

06/10/2009  04:44 PM           172,092 segoeprb.ttf

02/05/2011  03:25 PM           620,204 segoesc.ttf

02/05/2011  03:25 PM           603,336 segoescb.ttf

06/10/2009  04:44 PM           517,384 segoeui.ttf

06/10/2009  04:44 PM           498,124 segoeuib.ttf

06/10/2009  04:44 PM           386,344 segoeuii.ttf

06/10/2009  04:44 PM           330,908 segoeuil.ttf

06/10/2009  04:44 PM           398,976 segoeuiz.ttf

06/10/2009  04:44 PM           406,192 seguisb.ttf

06/10/2009  04:44 PM           516,684 seguisym.ttf

06/10/2009  04:43 PM            62,944 sere1255.fon

06/10/2009  04:43 PM            65,392 sere1256.fon

06/10/2009  04:44 PM            59,024 sere1257.fon

06/10/2009  04:43 PM            89,456 serf1255.fon

06/10/2009  04:43 PM            95,488 serf1256.fon

06/10/2009  04:44 PM            84,080 serf1257.fon

06/10/2009  04:44 PM            57,936 serife.fon

06/10/2009  04:44 PM            59,952 serifee.fon

06/10/2009  04:44 PM            60,752 serifeg.fon

06/10/2009  04:44 PM            63,296 serifer.fon

06/10/2009  04:44 PM            61,024 serifet.fon

06/10/2009  04:44 PM            81,728 seriff.fon

06/10/2009  04:44 PM            85,360 seriffe.fon

06/10/2009  04:44 PM            86,256 seriffg.fon

06/10/2009  04:44 PM            90,736 seriffr.fon

06/10/2009  04:44 PM            84,848 serifft.fon

02/05/2011  03:25 PM           340,100 Shonar.ttf

02/05/2011  03:25 PM           301,028 Shonarb.ttf

06/10/2009  04:43 PM           270,172 shruti.ttf

06/10/2009  04:43 PM           235,340 shrutib.ttf

06/10/2009  04:43 PM        10,576,012 simfang.ttf

06/10/2009  04:43 PM         9,751,960 simhei.ttf

06/10/2009  04:43 PM        11,785,184 simkai.ttf

06/10/2009  04:43 PM           116,376 simpbdo.ttf

06/10/2009  04:43 PM           104,884 simpfxo.ttf

06/10/2009  04:43 PM           124,628 simpo.ttf

06/10/2009  04:43 PM        15,323,200 simsun.ttc

06/10/2009  04:43 PM        15,406,288 simsunb.ttf

06/10/2009  04:43 PM            25,216 smae1255.fon

06/10/2009  04:43 PM            32,512 smae1256.fon

06/10/2009  04:44 PM            24,672 smae1257.fon

06/10/2009  04:43 PM            20,448 smaf1255.fon

06/10/2009  04:43 PM            37,952 smaf1256.fon

06/10/2009  04:44 PM            19,904 smaf1257.fon

06/10/2009  04:44 PM            26,112 smalle.fon

06/10/2009  04:44 PM            24,784 smallee.fon

06/10/2009  04:44 PM            28,912 smalleg.fon

06/10/2009  04:44 PM            24,832 smaller.fon

06/10/2009  04:44 PM            29,200 smallet.fon

06/10/2009  04:44 PM            21,504 smallf.fon

06/10/2009  04:44 PM            19,600 smallfe.fon

06/10/2009  04:44 PM            23,120 smallfg.fon

06/10/2009  04:44 PM            19,760 smallfr.fon

06/10/2009  04:44 PM            23,008 smallft.fon

06/10/2009  04:43 PM            69,232 ssee1255.fon

06/10/2009  04:43 PM            73,216 ssee1256.fon

06/10/2009  04:44 PM            65,456 ssee1257.fon

06/10/2009  04:44 PM            72,192 ssee874.fon

06/10/2009  04:43 PM            95,840 ssef1255.fon

06/10/2009  04:43 PM            67,328 ssef1256.fon

06/10/2009  04:44 PM            90,336 ssef1257.fon

06/10/2009  04:44 PM           102,400 ssef874.fon

06/10/2009  04:44 PM            64,656 sserife.fon

06/10/2009  04:44 PM            66,464 sserifee.fon

06/10/2009  04:44 PM            65,328 sserifeg.fon

06/10/2009  04:44 PM            68,848 sserifer.fon

06/10/2009  04:44 PM            64,400 sserifet.fon

06/10/2009  04:44 PM            89,856 sseriff.fon

06/10/2009  04:44 PM            92,032 sseriffe.fon

06/10/2009  04:44 PM            90,288 sseriffg.fon

06/10/2009  04:44 PM            98,256 sseriffr.fon

06/10/2009  04:44 PM            89,456 sserifft.fon

06/10/2009  04:43 PM             5,680 svgafix.fon

06/10/2009  04:43 PM            12,896 svgasys.fon

06/10/2009  04:44 PM           228,348 sylfaen.ttf

06/10/2009  04:44 PM            70,128 symbol.ttf

06/10/2009  04:44 PM           697,972 tahoma.ttf

06/10/2009  04:44 PM           647,184 tahomabd.ttf

06/10/2009  04:44 PM            72,008 taile.ttf

06/10/2009  04:44 PM            63,364 taileb.ttf

11/04/2010  07:00 PM           834,240 times.ttf

11/04/2010  07:00 PM           840,736 timesbd.ttf

11/04/2010  07:00 PM           619,972 timesbi.ttf

11/04/2010  07:00 PM           661,244 timesi.ttf

06/10/2009  04:43 PM           172,976 tradbdo.ttf

06/10/2009  04:43 PM           177,088 trado.ttf

06/10/2009  04:44 PM           136,172 trebuc.ttf

06/10/2009  04:44 PM           126,376 trebucbd.ttf

06/10/2009  04:44 PM           133,716 trebucbi.ttf

06/10/2009  04:44 PM           141,836 trebucit.ttf

06/10/2009  04:43 PM           188,908 tunga.ttf

06/10/2009  04:43 PM           174,896 tungab.ttf

06/10/2009  04:44 PM            66,328 upcdb.ttf

06/10/2009  04:44 PM            70,236 upcdbi.ttf

06/10/2009  04:44 PM            71,248 upcdi.ttf

06/10/2009  04:44 PM            70,912 upcdl.ttf

06/10/2009  04:44 PM            75,300 upceb.ttf

06/10/2009  04:44 PM            78,212 upcebi.ttf

06/10/2009  04:44 PM            77,716 upcei.ttf

06/10/2009  04:44 PM            74,048 upcel.ttf

06/10/2009  04:44 PM            64,056 upcfb.ttf

06/10/2009  04:44 PM            67,216 upcfbi.ttf

06/10/2009  04:44 PM            67,424 upcfi.ttf

06/10/2009  04:44 PM            64,900 upcfl.ttf

06/10/2009  04:44 PM            71,080 upcib.ttf

06/10/2009  04:44 PM            73,612 upcibi.ttf

06/10/2009  04:44 PM            73,632 upcii.ttf

06/10/2009  04:44 PM            71,068 upcil.ttf

06/10/2009  04:44 PM            74,428 upcjb.ttf

06/10/2009  04:44 PM            77,692 upcjbi.ttf

06/10/2009  04:44 PM            76,456 upcji.ttf

06/10/2009  04:44 PM            73,568 upcjl.ttf

06/10/2009  04:44 PM            64,648 upckb.ttf

06/10/2009  04:44 PM            68,872 upckbi.ttf

06/10/2009  04:44 PM            68,140 upcki.ttf

06/10/2009  04:44 PM            64,316 upckl.ttf

06/10/2009  04:44 PM            54,260 upclb.ttf

06/10/2009  04:44 PM            57,100 upclbi.ttf

06/10/2009  04:44 PM            56,752 upcli.ttf

06/10/2009  04:44 PM            54,264 upcll.ttf

02/05/2011  03:25 PM           216,004 utsaah.ttf

02/05/2011  03:25 PM           210,644 utsaahb.ttf

02/05/2011  03:25 PM           218,956 utsaahbi.ttf

02/05/2011  03:25 PM           239,152 utsaahi.ttf

02/05/2011  03:25 PM           386,996 Vani.ttf

02/05/2011  03:25 PM           370,576 Vanib.ttf

02/05/2011  03:25 PM           188,184 verdana.ttf

02/05/2011  03:25 PM           155,384 verdanab.ttf

02/05/2011  03:25 PM           176,992 verdanai.ttf

02/05/2011  03:25 PM           175,444 verdanaz.ttf

06/10/2009  04:44 PM             5,168 vga737.fon

06/10/2009  04:44 PM             5,168 vga775.fon

06/10/2009  04:44 PM             5,232 vga850.fon

06/10/2009  04:44 PM             6,160 vga852.fon

06/10/2009  04:44 PM             5,120 vga855.fon

06/10/2009  04:44 PM             5,552 vga857.fon

06/10/2009  04:44 PM             5,184 vga860.fon

06/10/2009  04:44 PM             5,184 vga861.fon

06/10/2009  04:44 PM             5,200 vga863.fon

06/10/2009  04:44 PM             5,184 vga865.fon

06/10/2009  04:44 PM             6,128 vga866.fon

06/10/2009  04:44 PM             5,184 vga869.fon

06/10/2009  04:43 PM             7,232 vga932.fon

06/10/2009  04:43 PM             6,272 vga936.fon

06/10/2009  04:43 PM             6,304 vga949.fon

06/10/2009  04:43 PM             6,272 vga950.fon

06/10/2009  04:43 PM             5,952 vgaf1255.fon

06/10/2009  04:43 PM             6,528 vgaf1256.fon

06/10/2009  04:44 PM             5,376 vgaf1257.fon

06/10/2009  04:44 PM             7,168 vgaf874.fon

06/10/2009  04:44 PM             5,360 vgafix.fon

06/10/2009  04:44 PM             5,376 vgafixe.fon

06/10/2009  04:44 PM             6,112 vgafixg.fon

06/10/2009  04:44 PM             5,600 vgafixr.fon

06/10/2009  04:44 PM             6,112 vgafixt.fon

06/10/2009  04:44 PM             5,168 vgaoem.fon

06/10/2009  04:43 PM             7,104 vgas1255.fon

06/10/2009  04:43 PM             7,648 vgas1256.fon

06/10/2009  04:44 PM             6,656 vgas1257.fon

06/10/2009  04:44 PM             8,704 vgas874.fon

06/10/2009  04:44 PM             7,280 vgasys.fon

06/10/2009  04:44 PM             6,608 vgasyse.fon

06/10/2009  04:44 PM             7,008 vgasysg.fon

06/10/2009  04:44 PM             6,912 vgasysr.fon

06/10/2009  04:44 PM             6,912 vgasyst.fon

02/05/2011  03:25 PM           171,192 vijaya.ttf

02/05/2011  03:25 PM           154,072 vijayab.ttf

06/10/2009  04:43 PM           259,520 vrinda.ttf

06/10/2009  04:43 PM           257,672 vrindab.ttf

06/10/2009  04:44 PM           121,664 webdings.ttf

06/10/2009  04:44 PM            83,740 wingding.ttf

I'm applying Windows Updates to that system and will update the above list when the very latest updates have been applied.

-Noel

• 25. Re: Photoshop crashes every time I try to use "HDR Toning" option or text tool... WHYYYY???
                                                        zelda_lullaby Level 1

How do I do that? My Windows Update refuses to work (probably got an

amazing virus in the meantime... yay)...

• 26. Re: Photoshop crashes every time I try to use "HDR Toning" option or text tool... WHYYYY???
                                                          Noel Carboni Level 8

Honestly, I'm sorry to say that it sounds as though you've turned your system into kind of a mishmash.

I don't know if you have sufficient System Restore points or backups, but you could go into Explorer and try using the Windows 7 Previous Versions feature to restore the Windows\Fonts folder to an earlier date, then be a lot more careful in trimming.

Failing that, maybe you should try an "in-place upgrade" of Windows (i.e., where you reinstall Windows 7 over the top of itself, as an "upgrade").  That could restore Windows Update back to normal function and get everything working again for you, though I wouldn't make any promises.

The other alternative is to install Windows afresh and put on all your applications again.  That's of course a much larger job.

-Noel

• 27. Re: Photoshop crashes every time I try to use "HDR Toning" option or text tool... WHYYYY???
                                                            zelda_lullaby Level 1

Boo. Sadly, no backups were made for the Font folder. My system restore

hasn't been working either. Yay. I agree. Apparently my system is a

cluster. I will try the upgrade thing and keep you posted...

• 28. Re: Photoshop crashes every time I try to use "HDR Toning" option or text tool... WHYYYY???
                                                              zelda_lullaby Level 1

Hmm. Upgrading fixed the Windows Update issue, but not the Photoshop issue.

My fonts look right now, though...

• 29. Re: Photoshop crashes every time I try to use "HDR Toning" option or text tool... WHYYYY???
                                                                Noel Carboni Level 8

Every little bit is progress in the right direction. 

Have you tried running Photoshop without the Graphics Processor setting enabled at all?  We've been assuming the latest display driver for your video card is good, but it may not be perfect.

• Edit - Preferences - Performance, uncheck the [  ] Use Graphics Processor setting, OK out and close Photoshop.
                                                                • Restart Photoshop and re-test.

Beyond that I'm running short on ideas.

-Noel

• 30. Re: Photoshop crashes every time I try to use "HDR Toning" option or text tool... WHYYYY???
                                                                  zelda_lullaby Level 1

Yeah, already tried that. That helps when HDR stops working again...

Any other ideas? I completely reinstalled Windows 7 and Photoshop still

crashes when i open the text tool or even open a file with non-rasterized

text in it.

• 31. Re: Photoshop crashes every time I try to use "HDR Toning" option or text tool... WHYYYY???
                                                                    Noel Carboni Level 8

Get a new video card maybe?  A VisionTek ATI Radeon HD 7750 is a good choice, though if you switch brands you'll need to do some work to ferret out all the old nVidia software.

-Noel

• 32. Re: Photoshop crashes every time I try to use "HDR Toning" option or text tool... WHYYYY???
                                                                      zelda_lullaby Level 1

Hmm. That wouldn't make sense though. The text tool worked fine until I

instaled a bunch of fonts my friend gave me, then stopped working. Font

installation does not make a video card go bad all of a sudden. My card is

decent (tho admittedly a bit outdated).

• 33. Re: Photoshop crashes every time I try to use "HDR Toning" option or text tool... WHYYYY???
                                                                        Noel Carboni Level 8

The 9500 is a little outdated, yes, and while a coincidental failure isn't likely, it's not impossible either. 

If it really is a data issue, clearly something on your system has persisted since you installed those fonts.  You need to figure out what it is, or do a complete wipe and fresh install.  That last suggestion isn't made lightly; I know that starting over is a huge amount of work.

-Noel

• 34. Re: Photoshop crashes every time I try to use "HDR Toning" option or text tool... WHYYYY???
                                                                          Michiharu Ariza Adobe Employee

Delete files under C:\Users\{your_user_name}\AppData\Local\Adobe\TypeSupport\CS5

then launch Photoshop

• 36. Re: Photoshop crashes every time I try to use "HDR Toning" option or text tool... WHYYYY???
                                                                            Noel Carboni Level 8

That's great news!

Michiharu Ariza wrote:

Delete files under C:\Users\{your_user_name}\AppData\Local\Adobe\TypeSupport\CS5

then launch Photoshop

This is the first I've heard of this.

Michiharu, can you go into some detail about what files are being deleted there?  Is that some kind of cache or something?  I'd like to be able to advise people what to do but I don't have confidence in telling them to delete something when I don't know what it is.

Thanks.

-Noel

• 37. Re: Photoshop crashes every time I try to use "HDR Toning" option or text tool... WHYYYY???
                                                                              Michiharu Ariza Adobe Employee

Yes, they are cache files for fonts used by Creative Suite apps.

They are Windows counterpart of Mac Solution 6, Step 4 in "Photoshop Help / Troubleshoot fonts | Photoshop CS6, CS5"

http://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/troubleshoot-fonts-photoshop-cs5.html

Sorry for the Window information missing from the page. I will have it updated.

• 38. Re: Photoshop crashes every time I try to use "HDR Toning" option or text tool... WHYYYY???
                                                                                bingandham Level 1

I was running into the same thing with the text tool.

After using this fix it appears to not be an issue anymore.

http://www.caspianit.co.uk/photoshop-cs4-crashes-when-i-use-the-type-tool-solved/

• 39. Re: Photoshop crashes every time I try to use "HDR Toning" option or text tool... WHYYYY???
                                                                                  Tim003213201 Level 1

A HUGE thanks for this.  Was about to try an uninstall/reinstall of Photoshop CS5.  This solved the problem with a Photoshop crash every time I tried to change from 32bpp to 16bpp (HDR Toning dialog).

Thanks again!

1 2 Previous Next