12 Replies Latest reply on Oct 24, 2012 8:15 AM by the_wine_snob

Transitions not working

Progen1

I just bought Adobe premier 10 and the transitions doesn't work.  It freezes when I select it.  It says it is loading????

• 1. Re: Transitions not working
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Please give us more information about your situation.

What operating system are you using? How fast is your processor and how much RAM do you have? How much free, clean, freshly defragmented space is on your C drive? Do you have more than one drive on your computer?

Have you ensured your operating system is up to date and that you have the latest version of Quicktime?

What model of camcorder is your video coming from and what format and resolution is it? When you started your Premiere Elements project, which settings did you select?

• 2. Re: Transitions not working
            Progen1 Level 1

Windows 7 Professional.  2.4 Ghz 6.00 GB RAM  554 GB free space.  Only a "C" Drive.

Not sure about Quicktime.  How would I know?  Haven't gotten to the camcorder part yet.  settings:  HD 1080i 30 5.1 channel

• 3. Re: Transitions not working
              the_wine_snob Level 9

When Transitions are not loading, it is often a problem with the video driver, as many are animated.

1. What is your video card's make and model?
              2. What is the number and date of the installed video driver?
              3. Is that the latest one from the mfgr's. Web site for your card and OS?

Good luck, and let us know just a bit more please,

Hunt

• 4. Re: Transitions not working
                Progen1 Level 1

Where would I get this info

22.jpg

• 5. Re: Transitions not working
                  the_wine_snob Level 9

Reply # 3 in this article: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/459220?tstart=0 should get you started.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 6. Re: Transitions not working
                    Progen1 Level 1

I don't know what to do to resolve this issue.  It's a relatively new computer Jan 2012.  I'll send more details if needed.  Please instruct.  Thanks.

• 7. Re: Transitions not working

Is that a dual core or quad core processor on your computer?

You seem to be fairly adequately powered for editing AVCHD, assuming you've set up your project correctly for AVCHD, which you still haven't told us. That is a pretty critical part of the operation.

You also do need to ensure you have the latest version of Quicktime, per the program's system requirements.

You also haven't said if you've run Disc Clean-up and Defragmented your hard drive -- but even on a brand new computer, that is vital. As is going manually to Windows Update to ensure you have ALL -- not just the critical -- updates for your OS. A great many important drivers do not update automatically.

• 8. Re: Transitions not working
                        Progen1 Level 1

Hello

I haven't even started a project other than I opended a new project and clicked transitions and it freezes.  I have the most recent Quicktime Player.  I have defragged just now and have the same issue with freezing.  I've updated all Windows updates including the non-critical ones.

I believe it is a quad core processor: 

core.jpg

The problem still exists and I require support still.

• 9. Re: Transitions not working

You appear to have a dual-core not a quad core processor. But you should still be able to operate the program is you've done the updates and cleaned and defragmented, as I've indicated above.

You've got something buggy going on. But, meantime, have you tried to operate the program in an actual project, with actual video sources??

• 10. Re: Transitions not working
                            the_wine_snob Level 9

Is that the latest Catalyst driver for the Radeon that you have?

If not, then download and install the very latest version.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 11. Re: Transitions not working
                              mgoldBA

I have the same problem... everything is working fine but the Transitions don't load... If I go to SCENELINE and right click on the transitions, I can add them and edit, but can't add them from the main menu (EDIT -> TRANSITIONS). All other menues work fine.

• 12. Re: Transitions not working
                                the_wine_snob Level 9

Something to check out is your video driver. As there is a bit of extra video display, with regards to the Transitions, an out of date video driver can cause issues.

Go to your video card's/chip's mfgr's. Web site, plug in your card's/chip's model, and your OS, and check whether you have the very latest driver - do not trust your OS, or any utility to tell you if you have the latest - check with the mfgr's. Web site.

Good luck,

Hunt