Are you working with the default Map file or creating a new Map file? Also, is the project saved on a local machine or on a network location?
1. I am woorking with a new map id file that has been with the project since robohelp 6. This is the file that has been used to map the ids to the topics. These files have been mapped before and have showed as being mapped and also have worked in the application that they were used in.
2. The default map id file is in the project with no map ids in it.
3. When all the map ids were mapped to the topics, the project was saved and geneterated on the c drive on my local machine. I opened the map id file in robohelp and it shows all of the ids mapped (blue) along with the topics beside the map id number.
4. The files with all of the map ids showing blue were copied to a drive on the network location.
5. When the files were reopened on my c drive the map ids show as yellow with no mappings to the topics. Also the network files show no map ids (they are yellow) with the topics.
What happens if you do not copy the files to a network location? Do you still face the same issue?
Also, can you try the same workflow with a new sample project and see if you face the same issue? This will help in determinig whether this is a project specific issue or not?
1. Yes this happens with a sample project.
2. I have to copy the files to the network for our developers to pick up the files for incorporation into the application. This has never not worked before. By this i mean that the files could be copied to a network drive and the map ids worked within the files and stayed mapped.
Follow uo to third response.
1. This also happens on the c drive.
2. I have a project with over half of the map ids in it and going to the appropriate topics. They remain blue as mapped when i open it,
3. I map the remaining map ids to the topics, saved it and generated it on the c drive.
4. When I open up the project on the c drive all of the map ids are gone.
5. It seems when ever the remaining map ids are put the project it causes the deletion of the map ids (yellow). I have tried different levels of putting in the map ids and whenever all of the ids are included, I save it and then gernerate and reopen the project, the map ids are yellow.
May you please mail me your contact details so that we can contact you to troubleshoot it further?
do i respond to the email that I received from you? I do not know how to respond without an email address.