2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 27, 2012 2:33 PM by LeeXiaoLoong

    Smash effect

    LeeXiaoLoong Level 1

      how can i do this effect in After Effects?



      it's a plugin like Particular? is there a way to have it? official site or something?


      and this other one?


      the big text and then the text that appear in the rock

      plugin or just after effects?

      where i can find them?

        • 1. Re: Smash effect
          Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

          Your first example of the logo smash with the broken floor cannot be easily reproduced in After Effects. The pieces of the broken floor are not the kinds of shapes that you can generate in Particular or in Shatter. You could come close, but not match that template exactly. Blender, an open source 3D app, could do the job nicely. So could just about any commercial 3D application.


          The second example, where the plate just slams in the ground and then some "smoky text "right column could easily be done in AE with just the standard plug-in and to keep rates. Fractal noise can generate smoke. Fractal noise and displacement map could also generate the background.

          • 2. Re: Smash effect
            LeeXiaoLoong Level 1

            i don't know in italian what is fractal XD i try with translator, anyway why after effects has this kind of limitation?

            i mean after effects is not a 3d program? or just maya cinema 4d can do 3d things?

            ive read that after effects was used to create, in example, iron man head HUD U_U so a very professional use U_U