8 Replies Latest reply on Oct 31, 2012 9:18 PM by Jim_Simon

R3D Damaged or Unsupported File

MFCdesigns Level 1

Hi all-

I'm pretty stumped by this problem.  I have a ton of .R3D footage shot on a Scarlet.  Most of the footage imports fine into Premiere Pro CS6.0.1, but some of the files won't import.  They give me the "Damaged or Unsupported file" warning.  What is interesting is that some of the "damaged" clips are from the same card/shoot that contain other clips that play fine.  This is happening to me and 4 other editors I have been working with.  I've searched all over the internet trying to find a solution to this and have found that many RED users are running into the same thing.  Some people suggest restarting the program and trying it again, which I have done to no avail.  I've watched the clips in RED CINE-X and they play fine. 

At this point I'm stumped.  Has anyone else run into this problem and found a solution?  I know I could go ahead and transcode the clips, but with about 100 clips that give this warning, I don't want to have to do that.  Is there going to be an update from Adobe that could solve this?

Thanks in advance for you help,

-Mark