6 Replies Latest reply on Aug 30, 2012 5:54 PM by the_wine_snob

Sequence Settings

media kat Level 1

In CS6:

1. What do you do if you are not sure how the video you plan to ingest was shot?I have some AVCHD video, though I am not sure if it is AVCHD 1080i30 or 25? What is the best thing to do in this situation?

2. After setting the sequence settings I tried to change them under Sequence Settings, though the options are greyed out. How do you change the settings after setting them up with the new project?

Thanks.

• 1. Re: Sequence Settings
          Jeff Bellune Adobe Community Professional

1. Drag the clip to the New Item icon at the bottom of the Project panel.

2. You can't.  Create a new sequence and copy/paste the footage from the old sequence.

Jeff

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Sequence Settings
            media kat Level 1

1. Is there any way to create a new sequence based on existing footage? So rather than going through settings, I'd like to be able to drag maybe a DVCPRO HD or an AVCHD file into a new Premiere project and have it set the Sequence up based on this. Is this not possible?

2. I'm unable to drag a clip to the New item icon at the bottom of the Project Panel. Did you mean to just drag it onto the Project Panel? If so, how is this going to help me? It is just importing the clip and by this point I have already set my Sequence Settings, so if I set my Sequence for one type of AVCHD and I import something different, do I just need to start a whole new sequence to get it right?

Thanks.

• 3. Re: Sequence Settings
              the_wine_snob Level 9

Media Kat,

1. Is there any way to create a new sequence based on existing footage? So rather than going through settings, I'd like to be able to drag maybe a DVCPRO HD or an AVCHD file into a new Premiere project and have it set the Sequence up based on this. Is this not possible?

Jeff's suggestion # 1 will get you exactly what you are asking for. When you drag your Clip to the New Icon, it will create a New Sequence, that matches your Source Footage perfectly.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 4. Re: Sequence Settings
                the_wine_snob Level 9

2. I'm unable to drag a clip to the New item icon at the bottom of the Project Panel. Did you mean to just drag it onto the Project Panel? If so, how is this going to help me? It is just importing the clip and by this point I have already set my Sequence Settings, so if I set my Sequence for one type of AVCHD and I import something different, do I just need to start a whole new sequence to get it right?

Once you have Imported the Clip, it will appear in the Project Panel. At the bottom of that Panel is the New Icon. That is where you drag the Clip:

newitemicon.png

I do not recall which version of PrPro Joe used, but it should still be correct.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 5. Re: Sequence Settings
                  media kat Level 1

So in this example I would have a new sequence that matches my footage settings exactly that I can work in and I guess I would just delete the old sequence?

• 6. Re: Sequence Settings
                    the_wine_snob Level 9

You are correct. That New Icon (used this way, it is the New Sequence Icon) will create a Sequence to match the Source Footage used.

Good luck,

Hunt