2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 28, 2012 7:52 AM by the_wine_snob

basic audio questions

StanWelks Level 1

1.) I want to add sound effects to my Timeline. Does it matter if they are added as an Audio track or an Audio Submix Track?

2.) How can I zoom into the waveform in the audio layer of the timeline and make changes to volume with the Pen tool? Can this be done?

Thanks in advance.

• 1. Re: basic audio questions
          Jim_Simon Level 8

1.  You add clips to an audio track.  You send audio tracks to a submix or a master track in the Mixer routing.

2. It'll be easier to do this in the Effects Control Panel.

• 2. Re: basic audio questions
            the_wine_snob Level 9

I agree with Jim, however some folk DO like working with the "rubberbands" in the Clip. I'm just not one of them, and choose the Effects Control Panel to do any work. To zoom in on the Audio Track, you can easily adjust the horizontal zoom with the zoom slider, and then to zoom vertically, hover the cursor over the junction line at the top of the Track's Header, and when it turns into an equal sign with up/down arrowheads, just click+drag. Note that you can set the Keyframe display to any Effect on the Clip, such as the Fixed Effect Volume.

Make note that the Audio Clip must match its Audio Track in channel-count. For instance, if you have a mono (1-channel) SFX Clip, it will ONLY go to a mono Track. If one does not exist, PrPro will create one, if you drag the Clip to the Master Track, where it will not go.

As Jim mentioned, the Master, and Sub-Mix Tracks will not accept Clips directly, and only through routing.

Good luck,

Hunt