5 Replies Latest reply on Feb 14, 2013 8:26 PM by Shannon Hickey

Why are submitters not getting a submission receipt?

DamonAGD

I've ticked the box and it reflects that a receipt should be sent to the email address completed in the form.  But no submitters are receiving a confirmation/receipt.

• 1. Re: Why are submitters not getting a submission receipt?
          Shannon Hickey Adobe Employee

Hi DamonAGD,

I'm sorry you're having trouble with submission receipts and I'd like to see if I can help.

Would you mind providing me with the form URL? Feel free to do so via private message (click on my name/icon to view my profile and then choose "Send Private Message" under actions at the top right). Also, would you mind sharing the form with me as co-author? Next, if you're able to provide me with the email addresses of any users who have not received receipts, that would be very helpful. And finally, do you mind if I do some test submissions into your form?

Thanks!

Shannon

• 2. Re: Why are submitters not getting a submission receipt?

I forgot to include my email address so that you can share with me: shickey@adobe.com

• 3. Re: Why are submitters not getting a submission receipt?

Hi Damon,

I received your response via email, thank you, and I'm following up here so that others may benefit.

You sent me the email addresses of three users that have failed to receive email receipts. I've checked our logs and see that emails to all three of the addresses left our servers successfully. I've also tried your form with two of my own email addresses and have succesfully received the responses.

I noticed that all three email addresses in question belong to your organization and I think what's likely happening is that your organization has some type of spam filter in place that is blocking the emails. I would suggest that you get in contact with your IT department  to see if they can change the filtering to allow these mails to come through. Note that all emails come from mailer.acrobat.com ([209.34.68.205]).

Please feel free to contact me if I can provide any more information to assist you.

Thank you,

Shannon

• 4. Re: Why are submitters not getting a submission receipt?
                CivicEdAdmin

I am having this trouble also. @ccf.org email addresses do not receive submission receipts.

• 5. Re: Why are submitters not getting a submission receipt?

I'll be happy to help you with this issue. I've looked into our email logs and I've determined the following:

• Our systems have attempted to send 24 emails to @ccf.org addresses in the last 7 days
                  • 17 of these appear to have been successful, but 7 have bounced

Of the 7 that bounced, one was because the server on your end didn't recognize the "to" address. All of the rest (6) appear to be the server on your end rejecting the mails with code 504. The full message from our logs for one such bounce (with private information hidden by xxx) is:

postfix/smtp[18649]: AF6B42287E0: to=<xxx@ccf.org>, relay=outbounds6.obsmtp.com[64.18.5.12]:25, conn_use=3, delay=1, delays=0.05/0/0.07/0.9,

dsn=5.0.0, status=bounced (host outbounds6.obsmtp.com[64.18.5.12] said: 504 - on relay of: MAIL FROM:<xxx@ccf.org>

(in reply to RCPT TO command))

These 6 rejected emails are all coming from one particular email address. For your privacy I won't reveal the address here, but you can email me at shickey@adobe.com for more information.

I suspect the 504 is coming from the mail server on your end, and I actually have an educated guess as to what might be going on. I suspect that your mail server doesn't like emails that originate outside of your domain if they report that they're coming from an address inside your domain. If that's the case, perhaps you could solve this by whitelisting mailer.acrobat.com?

Please let me know if I can be of any more assistance.

Thanks,

Shannon

1 person found this helpful