8 Replies Latest reply on Aug 30, 2012 12:37 PM by ebenabbaan

Timecode.cpp-1014, premiere keeps crashing?

zackcello

Hello,

I am using Adobe Premiere Pro CS 6.01. I have been working on a project hassle-free for about 2 weeks now. The other day, after I have been working in Encore (I did NOT link the PPro Project, but rather I exported the video files first), suddenly my Premiere Pro project keeps crashing. Every time I open the project, as soon as all media has loaded, it has a Timecode.cpp-1014 error. Strangely, I am not capturing any footage (from what I have read about this error). Here is a screen shot of this error:

Capture2.PNG

It always pops up twice like that. Then, once I click continue, it has this error: Capture3.PNG

and then Premiere Pro closes.

I also notice the red "x" in the bottom right corner of the screen, and before I close Premiere, I click it and it pops up saying, "An input violation has occurred!"

My sequence settings are: AVC-Intra 100 1080i 60Hz, 29.97 frames/second, 1920 x 1080 square pixels, upper fields first, 30fps drop-frame Timecode.

In my project, I have the above footage (AVCHD, from a Canon Vixia Hf G10), footage from my iPhone 4s, linked audio from Audition, and linked animations from After Effects.

My computer has the following specs:

Intel i7-2600 @ 3.40GHz

Windows 7 Home Premium

16BM Ram

3TB Hard drive space, on 2 hard drives'

ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series, 1024MB

750-watt power supply, Cooler Master GX750W

Any advice/help would be much appreciated!

Zack

• 1. Re: Timecode.cpp-1014, premiere keeps crashing?
          Jeff Bellune Adobe Community Professional

Try creating a new project and importing the old one into it.  If that doesn't work (i.e., Pr crashes again), then I would start troubleshooting by opening the linked After Effects project in AE and see if everything is OK.  Then see if dynamic link between Pr and AE is working at all by creating a new Pr project and importing an AE comp from any other project into Pr.

Jeff

• 2. Re: Timecode.cpp-1014, premiere keeps crashing?
            zackcello Level 1

I imported the old project into a new one, and it still crashed with the same symptoms. I checked my linked AE projects, and everything is A-OK. I created a new premiere pro project and imported the same AE composition, and it works just fine...weird...?

• 3. Re: Timecode.cpp-1014, premiere keeps crashing?
              John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Unfortunately, projects do sometimes become corrupted

Since project files are not very large, one bit of advice I've seen is to do a "save as" at the end of each successful day, with a project naming scheme that means something to you, and start with the new project each morning... so if something does become corrupted, you don't lose much work

Something like... JWAUG28 and then JWAUG29... if you are working Joe's Wedding, or names that mean something to you

And, to keep things organized, read Bill Hunt on project setup http://forums.adobe.com/thread/919388?tstart=0

• 4. Re: Timecode.cpp-1014, premiere keeps crashing?
                ECBowen Most Valuable Participant

Go into your Media Cache folder set in Premiere and manually delete all the media cache files. Then launch a new project and Import just a sequence, not the entire project. Switch the Hardware MPE mode to Software MPE mode in Project settings under general. Delete the cache when it prompts you. Save the project and close. Re-open the project and see if the project loads ok. If so import another sequence and then change the MPE mode back to hardware deleting previews and then back to software again deleting previews. Save the Project and close. Re-open and see if the new Project opens with the 2 sequences.

Eric

ADK

• 5. Re: Timecode.cpp-1014, premiere keeps crashing?
                  ebenabbaan Level 1

I'm working on a feature length doc (I have footage from over 100 shoot days), and I'm having similar problems that seem to center around a "master project" I'm importing projects into.  I create a project for each shoot date where I will log/sync footage from that day, but then also sometimes I play around and edit footage together (into squences saved with that day's project).  I'm creating the "master project" by importing the 100+ daily project files, so I can retain the keywords I've assigned and the bin structure.  The goal is to be able to search through my footage in the master project by using (among other things) keywords and logging info, and begin editing my scenes together using footage from over the 100 days.

Unfortunately this master project crashes all the time... it's blatantly unuseable.  I should note that some of the already-edited-scenes are were edited in Final Cut, and imported as squences (i.e. FCP XML).

Either Premiere can't handle all the linking that's going on, or it can't handle that amount of footage... either way I don't know what to do.

• 6. Re: Timecode.cpp-1014, premiere keeps crashing?
                    ECBowen Most Valuable Participant

Have you tried Just importing the Sequences 1 at a time instead of the entire project?

Eric

ADK

• 7. Re: Timecode.cpp-1014, premiere keeps crashing?
                      ebenabbaan Level 1

No... I'm going to start a new master project now and give that a shot.

• 8. Re: Timecode.cpp-1014, premiere keeps crashing?
                        ebenabbaan Level 1

Bogusly, keywords I've added to the "Scene" metadata field do not ALL come over... not for merged clips.

I added keywords to the footage, created the sequence "6_8_12 ALL" and put the footage on there.  Importing that sequence into my master project creates a bin with that sequence AND the clips in it.  The merged clips however do not have metadata.

When I import the whole project, the merged clips DO have metadata.

I'm trying to figure out a way to work with this... but I may have to resort to the trusty pen and paper to keep track of my logging info.