0 Replies Latest reply on Aug 28, 2012 1:57 PM by esquire360

Adobe Premiere CS 5.5 freezes and lags on a 1hour 45 minute video.

esquire360

I'm running a quad core 2.7 GHz iMac with 32 gigs of RAM 1 GB graphics card and 500 GB of free space on the 7200 RPM hard drive.

Whenever I load a 1 hour and 45 min. video (it's videogame play) I go to sync it with my audio from external audio source and premier just freaks out... it locks up will let me scroll through timeline nothing and then after about 5 or 7 min. to unfreeze allow me to play it but if I make any adjustment to the timeline again the lockup and beach ball of death and activity monitor says Premier not responding.

Now tried shrinking the video down instead of having the whole 1 hour 45 min. in the timeline pulling it down to 20 min. but still the same thing and all the time that I'm working with this project if I had something to the preview window it doesn't load for a while.

I don't really know what to do it's super annoying I reformatted my Mac open that would help does premiere just not like a.k.a. is a piece of crap when it comes to long video clips it really does blow.

One last thing it seems as soon as I add a super long one hour plus video to it from your project that project a.k.a. all the clips and subsequences seem to also get laggy but maybe I'm just tripping on that point.

Anyway thank you for helping if you can.

Chuck