5 Replies Latest reply on Aug 31, 2006 4:12 AM by Newsgroup_User

How to get rid of "page has expired"

ferrarikid123 Level 1
      I know its changing something in the php.ini file. I downloaded the latest version of php5 and changed the file to php.ini. I changed the "nocache" to nothing. This still doesn't seem to work. Does anyone have any ideas, or instructions on how to prevent "page has expired" when I press the back button. The pages contain sessions with session_start() on each page, and I'm assuming it has to do with them. Thanks very much. (using php)
        • 1. Re: How to get rid of "page has expired"
          Level 7
          ferrarikid123 wrote:
          > Does anyone have any ideas, or
          > instructions on how to prevent "page has expired" when I press the back button.
          > The pages contain sessions with session_start() on each page, and I'm assuming
          > it has to do with them. Thanks very much. (using php)

Can you describe how this "page has expired" message is displayed? Does
          it make any reference to POSTDATA?

--
          David Powers
          Adobe Community Expert
          Author, "Foundation PHP for Dreamweaver 8" (friends of ED)
          http://foundationphp.com/
          • 2. Re: How to get rid of "page has expired"
            ferrarikid123 Level 1
            I get the following warning message:

Warning: Page has Expired The page you requested was created using information you submitted in a form. This page is no longer available. As a security precaution, Internet Explorer does not automatically resubmit your information for you.

To resubmit your information and view this Web page, click the Refresh button.

Refreshing the page makes all the fields blank that had been entered, but it is also not user friendly at all. Thanks very much.
            • 3. Re: How to get rid of "page has expired"
              Level 7
              ferrarikid123 wrote:
              > I get the following warning message:
              >
              > Warning: Page has Expired The page you requested was created using information
              > you submitted in a form. This page is no longer available. As a security
              > precaution, Internet Explorer does not automatically resubmit your information
              > for you.

That's one of the problems of pages built using information submitted
              from a form. The information is not persistent. I'm not sure that you
              can do anything about it other than to design your sites in such a way
              that users won't feel any need to click the back button to return to a form.

--
              David Powers
              Adobe Community Expert
              • 4. Re: How to get rid of "page has expired"
                ferrarikid123 Level 1
                Ok, in that case is it possible so that when the user clicks the back button to return to the form page, the page refreshes automatically (so the user doesn't have to do it) and the fields entered in the form remain, as the "refresh" empties the entered information. Thanks very much.
                • 5. Re: How to get rid of "page has expired"
                  Level 7
                  ferrarikid123 wrote:
                  > Ok, in that case is it possible so that when the user clicks the back button to
                  > return to the form page, the page refreshes automatically (so the user doesn't
                  > have to do it) and the fields entered in the form remain, as the "refresh"
                  > empties the entered information. Thanks very much.

Not that I know of.

--
                  David Powers
                  Adobe Community Expert