3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 30, 2012 6:15 AM by Jim_Simon

locked in a odd resolution

preditorj40153117 Level 1

In a brand new project. I export animation @1920x1080p from AE.

I thought for sure that i could use a P2 DVCpro HD @1920x1080. I edited for about 2hrs and started putting in Tittles. When the box pops up It said 1280x1080 and the DCVpro now has 1.5 next to it when i thpought i choose square pixels.

I thought no big deal I will just create a new SEQ and new setting with the right resolution. but for some reason I can find a codec with a 1920x1080 resolution. The closet i got is HDV1440x1080.

I do have pictures that were auto resized by PrP (guessing), that were 3500px before they were dragged into the project assets.

Visually, it looks fine. I see no distortions in the sequence/canvas/timeline monitor.

so.....

1. How did i loose the 1920x1080 in every codec choice?

2. Why am I suddenly in a 1280x1080?

3. How do i force conformatity to the clip?

asset.png

seq settings.png

• 1. Re: locked in a odd resolution
          Jim_Simon Level 8

You posted the wrong tab.  Show us what's in Presets.

(By the way, there's no such thing as DVCPRO HD at 1920 x 1080.  To get that you need AVCHD or AVC-I.)

• 2. Re: locked in a odd resolution
            preditorj40153117 Level 1

Ok You are right the DSLR, AVCHD and AVC intra show a true 1080p res. See below.

The problem is AVCHD 1080p23.97 creates skips like its getting stuck on frames. This is even after render. I have seen it do this before and be fine after export.

I am not sure if Animation is considered long GOP but I know AVC and AVCi is. So i am thinking that skips are being caused by the animation and AVC relationship.

I do not see QT as a choice. It use to be my main format in FCP cause everyone know FCP Loves it. I have not figured out what is the most versitile codec for PrP or which one PrP like most.

I can not upload the pics in this post. I will try to add a post.

• 3. Re: locked in a odd resolution
              Jim_Simon Level 8

QuickTime's Animation is a lossless I-frame only codec.  AVC-I is not lossless, but it is Master Quality and it is I-frame only.  (That's what the "I" stands for.)  AVCHD is an interframe, "GOP" codec.

A good option for Intermediate files is the UT codec.  It's free, lossless, cross-platform and plays nice with Adobe software.

http://umezawa.dyndns.info/archive/utvideo/