• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Synonyms only work in Webhelp - is this correct?

Aug 29, 2012 Aug 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

can anybody confirm? Otherwise I need to repair my project..

In the help I only found corresponding hints concerning the keyword search and for excluding topics from search. It seems that all features that have infuelnce on the search are restricted to Webhelp. 

Robert

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 29, 2012 Aug 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know about "all" features but there are many where Adobe has been able to make changes to WebHelp that the CHM compiler cannot handle. However, RoboHelp 10 has a solution for some of them. You can now create CHMs with a skin by creating WebHelp and then running a script that converts that to a CHM using the same skin.

Exclude from Search is one of the features that works in a CHM produced that way.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Aug 31, 2012 Aug 31, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The script works fine, I wonder did I miss it or is it new in RH10?

That really is a feature that should be promoted.

Robert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 31, 2012 Aug 31, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's a new feature in Rh10.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp