12 Replies Latest reply on Aug 31, 2012 10:27 PM by mkconsulting

Responses going into wrong form

mkconsulting

I created a form, and then copied it and renamed it.  The original form is for vendors to view and play with, for a proposal process.  The 2nd form is for people to actually respond to.  I advertsie the 2nd form on a website, and all the links are correct. However, I am getting responses from the 2nd form dumped into the first form. I don't want to close the first form, because i want it to be viewed by vendors submitting proposals. I have done this with several other forms and I'm concernd this will continue to happen. Both forms have distinct URLs, so I'm not sure why this is happening.

Help!!!

• 1. Re: Responses going into wrong form
          Shannon Hickey Adobe Employee

Hi,

Can you please share with me the links to the two forms?

Also, can you please add me as a co-author to both of them? This document tells you how: http://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-2462

Do you mind if I make some test submissions to your forms?

Feel free to send the information to me via private message (first click on my icon and then send private message in the top right) if you don't want to share your form links publically.

Thanks,

Shannon

• 2. Re: Responses going into wrong form
            mkconsulting Level 1

Thanks.

This is the first form, that is more of a test form, and responses are coming into here that shouldn't be coming - responses 1 through 3 should be in the 2nd form, the 4th response is a test response:  https://adobeformscentral.com/?f=A0RbyH00%2AMzZbcG5l1gfsA

This is the 2nd form that responses should be coming into: https://adobeformscentral.com/?f=6qiuxTHSQSDl-tFtiVRbpA

And I added you as coauthor.

Thanks, Michelle

The information in this e-mail and any attachments are for the sole use of the intended recipient and may contain privileged and confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient, any use, disclosure, copying or distribution of this message or attachment is strictly prohibited. If you believe that you have received this e-mail in error, please contact the sender immediately and delete the e-mail and all of its attachments.

• 3. Re: Responses going into wrong form

Hi Michelle,

I'm not showing as co-author on either of these documents. Can you please try adding me (shickey@adobe.com) again to both of them.

Thanks,

Shannon

• 4. Re: Responses going into wrong form

Hi Michelle,

I've tested both of your forms and responses are going to the correct place. Perhaps you could share with the me the website where you share the link to the second form and I can double check that everything is set up properly?

Thanks,

Shannon

• 5. Re: Responses going into wrong form
                  mkconsulting Level 1

No problem:

http://vvta.org/onlineforms.html

Thanks, Michelle

The information in this e-mail and any attachments are for the sole use of the intended recipient and may contain privileged and confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient, any use, disclosure, copying or distribution of this message or attachment is strictly prohibited. If you believe that you have received this e-mail in error, please contact the sender immediately and delete the e-mail and all of its attachments.

• 6. Re: Responses going into wrong form

Hi Michelle,

Everything looks okay on your web site. In particular, I tested the link to the Adobe FormsCentral form in question 2 and my responses went to the right place. At this point I'm wondering if perhaps, at some point, you distributed the wrong version of the PDF form. As you probably know, the PDF versions of the forms submit back to the Adobe FormsCentral form from which they were created. Perhaps some of your users received a PDF attached to the wrong form? At this point, the only way to remedy that situation would be to send them new PDFs.

On a separate note, I noticed that the existing PDF form under #2 on your site is failing to submit. I investigated and it turns out that a bug on our side has resulted in previously generated PDF forms with checkbox fields becoming invalid. The solution is to re-generate the PDFs from the distribute tab in FormsCentral. This may affect any of your PDF forms with checkboxes, depending on when you last generated them. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Please don't hesitate to follow-up if you have any more questions.

Thanks,

Shannon

• 7. Re: Responses going into wrong form
                      mkconsulting Level 1

THank you so much for your investigation, I really appreciate it.

I will regenerate that pdf, and repost on our website.

Hopefully no more problems.

One other quick question - how do I go into the form, under View Responses, and delete the rows of test submittals? I have someone else tracking these and I don't want them to be completely confused. Thanks, Michelle

• 8. Re: Responses going into wrong form

It's my pleasure Michelle!

Please make sure to double-check, and regenerate if necessary, all of your PDF forms with checkbox fields.

I've gone back in and deleted the test responses for you. In the future you can do so yourself by selecting cells in those rows, right clicking, and selecting Delete Rows. Please see the screenshot below.

Picture 1.png

1 person found this helpful
                        • 9. Re: Responses going into wrong form
                          mkconsulting Level 1

Thanks!

• 10. Re: Responses going into wrong form
                            mkconsulting Level 1

Hi Shannon, it is Michelle again with the form that keeps going to the wrong place.

A day ago, I re-saved the pdf version, and re-uploaded it to the Program's website. And this morning we received a new form into the wrong location again - it shold have gone into E-mail & Digital Signature Confirmation but it went into RFP e-mail & Digital Signature Confirmation.  I went in via online our website (vvta.org/vanpool) and submitted a form via the link and via the pdf, and they both went to the right location.

I left the one in the wrong location, if you want to take a look.

Not sure what else to do - suggestions? Thanks, Michelle

• 11. Re: Responses going into wrong form

Hi Michelle,

I suspect what is happening is that some of your users unintentionally obtained a version of the PDF that is pointing at your RFP form. The fact that you've updated those with new versions on the web site won't affect users who have already obtained the wrong version. If you could contact the user who submitted today and ask for the PDF that he/she used, then I could analyze it and tell you where it's pointing.

If we determine that the cause is what I suspect, I can help you modify your RFP form such that any attempt to submit to it by old versions of the PDF will tell users to come back and get a new version of the form.

Thanks,

Shannon

• 12. Re: Responses going into wrong form
                                mkconsulting Level 1

I just sent him an email asking him where he got it. I included the link directly from Adobe form central and uploaded the pdf right from Adobe Central - but you are right, if he went somewhere else, that could be the bug. Ugh. I'll let you know. Thanks, Michelle