3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 20, 2012 5:33 AM by Ryan Lunka

How to implement one web server and two CQ instance(2 publish 2 author)?

Satish@pune Level 1

Hello

I want to implement such a architecture scenario where I have to use one WebServer(Dispatcher) and 2 Author and 2 Publish Instance.

Kindly please let me know what configuration we need to implement for such architecture.

Also please let me know how we can do load balancing with web server.

Thanks in advance...

Regards,

Satish

• 1. Re: How to implement one web server and two CQ instance(2 publish 2 author)?
          Ryan Lunka Level 3

The general architecture you want to use is to put a load balancer between the web server and the two publish instances to distribute traffic evenly.  There will also be some specific things to set in the dispatcher to make this work.  Refer to the documentation, because it depends on your requirements for things like cached content and user-generated content.  You may need to also set up reverse replication between your publish and author(s) to make sure an possible UGC shows up on both publish instances.  For the author instances, you'll want to cluster them.  There is documentation about it on the CRX documentation site.  This may not be needed though.  It adds some complexity and isn't always bug-free.  I would suggest not clustering author instances until you've determined a need in terms of performance.  Use old school server backups for fallback.

• 2. Re: How to implement one web server and two CQ instance(2 publish 2 author)?
            Satish@pune Level 1

Thanks a lot Ryan,

Can you please give me the CQ5 documentation link for how to do load balancing ?

and from where I will get the dispatcher for download.

Thanks & Regards,

Satish

• 3. Re: How to implement one web server and two CQ instance(2 publish 2 author)?
              Ryan Lunka Level 3

You will need some other platform that handles load balancing to distribute load between your clustered author instances.  This is not built into CQ at the application server level.

I believe you can download the dispatcher from PackageShare or DayCare.  There should be a number of download versions, based on things like OS version and web server (Apache vs. IIS).  The downloads come with instructions that will get you part of the way there, and docs.day.com has deeper documentation on dispatcher configuration as well.  There's definitely and art to it.