3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 31, 2012 6:02 AM by Marco Qualizza

Using Array Formulas in Responses Table

JKujak

Is it possible to run array formulas in the responses table similar to how excel works?  I am just curious if I can have manual column data calculate automatically based upon the incoming responses using array formulas.

• 1. Re: Using Array Formulas in Responses Table
          Marco Qualizza Adobe Employee

Hello KJuak,

The response table has some built-in array formula capabilities.  Could you give us an example of what you are trying to accomplish, so that we may better advise you?

Thank you,

Marco

• 2. Re: Using Array Formulas in Responses Table
            JKujak Level 2

Something similar to using the INDEX MATCH formula combination in excel for indexing and matching multiple columns using the array formula with that.  (Ctrl+Shift+Enter)

• 3. Re: Using Array Formulas in Responses Table
              Marco Qualizza Adobe Employee

Hello JKujak,

Unfortunately we currently do not support either INDEX() or MATCH().  Feel free to submit suggestions that these functions be added so that they may be considered for a future version.

That being said, let me describe how to use CSEs in FormsCentral, and also the main difference between Excel's CSEs and FormsCentral's.

Let's say you have a column of cells, A, where each cell contains either "red" or "blue", and you want to count the number of reds.

In Excel you would write something like:

=SUM(IF(A:A = "red", 1, 0))

and then hit control-shift-enter (or command-shift-enter on a mac).

In FormsCentral, you would write the exact same thing:

=SUM(IF(A:A = "red", 1, 0))

except, instead of hitting control-shift-enter, you just hit enter.

There is nothing special about entering a CSE in FormsCentral.

As an intersting side note:  In FormsCentral, you can refer to an entire column either using an Excel-style reference, e.g. A:A, or by using an '@', e.g. @A.  So, we could have written the above example as:

=SUM(IF(@A = "red", 1, 0))

I hope this provides you with some of the information that you need,

Marco

1 person found this helpful