1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 30, 2012 1:34 AM by David_Powers

Dreamweaver CS6 slows down when I load a typekit javascript file

Cory W McHugh

Hello everyone!  I just installed Dreamweaver CS6, and I love it so far.  However, there is a problem that is particularly vexing to me.  When I add the following line of code to a file, within seconds, my dreamweaver starts spontaneously slowing down and becoming unresponsive for 3-10 seconds every minute or so.  The irony is that the file is actually a typekit javascript file, which is now owned by Adobe!  Below is the javascript line:

<script type="text/javascript" src="//use.typekit.net/hgm8owf.js"></script>

<script type="text/javascript">try{Typekit.load();}catch(e){}</script>

I have tried changing the location of the scripts from the default <head> location to somewhere else, but no matter where I put those two lines, dreamweaver almost immediately chokes!

I have turned off Display External Files in the View menu, because someone suggested that to me, but it doesn't help at all.

I'm guessing the javascript that dreamweaver uses to parse the code is somehow conflicting.  Any suggestions on how I can fix this would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Cory