1 2 Previous Next 45 Replies Latest reply on Sep 14, 2012 10:22 AM by conroy

CS6 Update 8/30

JJMack Most Valuable Participant

Does any one know which reported probles it fixes?

• 1. Re: CS6 Update 8/30
          Level 5

I'm assuming you're referring to yesterday's 13.0.1 Photoshop update.  I installed it yesterday, so that would make it no later than an 8/29 update.

This is all the auto updater had to offer as of yesterday:

The Adobe Photoshop 13.0.1 update includes many critical fixes improving security, stability and performance while also addressing a number of high priority bugs with 3D, Crop, Type, Painting, Paths, and Shapes.

• 2. Re: CS6 Update 8/30

It seem to fix the bug where opening documents in floading windows broke many actions and scripts. However scripting still does not support some new features and the Adobe default prefence for interpolation "Bicubic Automatic" will still break some scripts.

• 3. Re: CS6 Update 8/30
              Level 5

From past experience, it's clear that Adobe doesn't volunteer or get specific with bug announcements at all.

However, the staff contributors here will usually comment on specific issues one may want to bring up here, one by one, if one asks nicely. 

• 4. Re: CS6 Update 8/30

station_two wrote:

The Adobe Photoshop 13.0.1 update includes many critical fixes improving security, stability and performance while also addressing a number of high priority bugs with 3D, Crop, Type, Painting, Paths, and Shapes.

Not much help no list of what problems were address and what problems have not been addressed.

• 5. Re: CS6 Update 8/30
                  Level 5

JJMack wrote:

station_two wrote:

Not much help no list of what problems were address and what problems have not been addressed.

That's about all we can expect from Adobe officially in the way of a public comment.  As I said above, start individual threads on each specific issue you have in mind.

• 6. Re: CS6 Update 8/30

station_two wrote:

From past experience, it's clear that Adobe doesn't volunteer or get specific with bug announcements at all.

However, the staff contributors here will usually comment on specific issues one may want to bring up here, one by one, if one asks nicely. 

Adobe users try to help Adobe with their product by reporting bugs for they want a good product.  So why doesn't Adobe recipacate and report which bugs have been fixed or address.   Lately is seems every time Adobe releases an upgrade or update its users must do their own regression test. To find what new bugs have been introduced abd which bugs are now fixed. Why is Adobe's support so poor?

• 7. Re: CS6 Update 8/30
                      Level 5

It's all part of the elephantine bureaucratization of Adobe that began to gain grotesque proportions as of the Macromedia acquisition.

• 8. Re: CS6 Update 8/30

OK then lets sart

Closing Floating Windows switching document bug addressed

Script Bug Not Address

Recording save for web bug was addressed

let me get some coffee now goinf to be a long day

• 9. Re: CS6 Update 8/30
                          gswetsky Level 1

Not addressed - Crop bug where you blur cropped pixels then move them back into view!  Reported months ago.

Gerry

• 10. Re: CS6 Update 8/30
                            c.pfaffenbichler Level 9

Dang, the Color Theme (the merit of which pretty much eludes me anyway) still hijacks shift-F1 after re-starting Photoshop.

• 11. Re: CS6 Update 8/30

Adjustment Panel options bugs not addressed

• 12. Re: CS6 Update 8/30

Action Player interactive step set current layer name bug not addressed 

the step fails to open the dialog if there is a current layer is other then the background layer. If no layer is currently targeted the action will not compleat because of a program error

• 13. Re: CS6 Update 8/30
                                  gswetsky Level 1

I think Adobe needs more competition..........

Gerry

• 14. Re: CS6 Update 8/30
                                    PECourtejoie Adobe Community Professional

ALL: There is another earlier topic that tries to gather all fixed bugs: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1057822?tstart=0 I'm tempted to close one of the threads, to have users report their findings in a single place. What you say?

• 15. Re: CS6 Update 8/30
                                      gswetsky Level 1

The fixed bugs aren't the problem.

Gerry

• 16. Re: CS6 Update 8/30
                                        conroy Level 5

A list of fixed bugs is useful, though. This thread starts with: "Does any one know which reported probles it fixes?" The fixes should go in one thread. Continuing bugs can be in other threads.

• 17. Re: CS6 Update 8/30
                                          davemakes Level 1

In the Character panel, they fixed the issue where you couldn't use your scroll wheel or a scroll bar to navigate the list of fonts in the flyout list. It's more in line with previous versions and much more useful now.

• 18. Re: CS6 Update 8/30
                                            c.pfaffenbichler Level 9

The lost Fill-settings for Layer Groups on re-opening a document also seem to be fixed.

• 19. Re: CS6 Update 8/30
                                              Noel Carboni Level 8

PECourtejoie wrote:

ALL: There is another earlier topic that tries to gather all fixed bugs: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1057822?tstart=0 I'm tempted to close one of the threads, to have users report their findings in a single place. What you say?

Can you merge them into one thread entitled 13.0.1 Update Testing Results?

-Noel

• 20. Re: CS6 Update 8/30
                                                AnnShelbourne Level 2

My feeling is that one should just update old Photoshop Actions when new software is installed. That is how I have always operated: if I still need that old Action, I simply edit it so that it runs in my current version of PS.

• 21. Re: CS6 Update 8/30

Action recorder problem recording select color adjustment using absolute method address and fixed.

Action recorder problem recording shape attributes address and fixed.

Pen Tool bug reverting to exclude mode addressed and fixed.

CS6 Scriptlistener plug-in bug that disable CS6 new feature tool recording  not fixed

Message was edited by: JJMack

• 22. Re: CS6 Update 8/30
                                                    psurace99 Level 1

THANK YOU Adobe!!

I posted the DAY CS6 was released that when using Windows with the Start bar on top Photoshop had a nasty bug. 

What was happening was when you opened a document in a "non" tab format and tried to drag the window it would snap to the top lefthand corner of the screen.  The resolution has been "use auto hide for the start bar" and yes, that worked and stopped the bug.  At this point this does not happen anymore with the Start bar always visible on top. 

I'd have posted this thank you on the page I started, but due to people getting off topic and fighting about "who uses the start bar on top?" it has been locked.

Thanks again.

-Patrick

• 23. Re: CS6 Update 8/30
                                                      PECourtejoie Adobe Community Professional

I wish I could. all I can do is close one thread a post a link to the other, but don't want to upset their creators...

• 24. Re: CS6 Update 8/30

Overall the update makes CS6 almost as good as CS5 for me.   The biggest problem I have with both CS5 and CS6 is that if the Adjustment Panels Fly-out menu Options are not set to their default settings some actions will work incorrectly and other will fail with errors messages.  CS6 in addition will break several of my script if the user does not change their Photoshop Preference from Adobe default setting "Bicubic Automatic" for if the preference setting is accessed when its setting is "Bicubic Automatic" Photoshop scripting encounters and internal error and the script is terminated.

I can bypass these bugs for myself by setting the adjustment Panels to there default setting and change my Photoshop preference from Adobe default setting.   However there is no way and can set users setting the way they need to be set. So these bugs reflect badly on me for there will be failures in my packages used by others that are caused by these Adobe bugs.

• 25. Re: CS6 Update 8/30
                                                          the_wine_snob Level 9

Noel,

As Pierre states, Merging of threads is not really possible. With some threads, it would be ideal, but with others, there are both structural and contextural issues, that could never be overcome - an imperfect world? Yes, but that is the way that it is unfortunately.

Now, one thing that might (?) help, would be a new, consolidated post on the Update, with details on what is included, how it impacts users, and with the location of the download, with any necessary instructions. Then, links to THAT thread could be added to these, and they could then be Locked, so that others did not continue responding to them. Just an idea.

Good luck, and thanks for posting the details of the update, as you discover them.

Hunt

• 27. Re: CS6 Update 8/30
                                                            conroy Level 5

Path anchors/nodes being moved with the Direct Selection Tool now snap to pixel grid, grid and guides. A significant fix, thanks!

• 28. Re: CS6 Update 8/30

It looks like after the 13.0.1 update Adobe Support in back in deferral mode deferring bug fixes for future release of Photoshop.  CS7 is in the works and its delevery date must have been set. http://blogs.adobe.com/photoshopdotcom/2012/08/photoshop-cs6-13-0-1-update-now-available.h tml#comment-26603

• 29. Re: CS6 Update 8/30

CameraAnn wrote:

My feeling is that one should just update old Photoshop Actions when new software is installed. That is how I have always operated: if I still need that old Action, I simply edit it so that it runs in my current version of PS.

The problem is the this is only posible if you never use the Adjustment Panels fly-out menu options and leave them set to their dedalt setting, You can not let other use some of you action for your actions and scripts can not set these options the way they need to be set..  Phehaps you can program all users to use photoshop that way I just don't know how to do that.

• 30. Re: CS6 Update 8/30
                                                                  Jeff Arola Adobe Community Professional

The save for web bug, is that the one where using a custom file name causes cs6 to use an html extension instead of jpeg, for example, when recording a save for web action?

Untitled-2.png

• 31. Re: CS6 Update 8/30
                                                                    Noel Carboni Level 8

Hey, there'd be nothing to do for a 13.0.2 release if they fixed all the bugs now. 

This talk of updates brings to mind another thing...  I'm still not sure what's going to happen with this cloud subscription stuff. 

To hear that cloud subscribers are going to get things perpetual licensees are not is just mildly annoying now, but I think the excrement may really hit the oscillator when real features show up for folks who pay by the month if those who paid up front just can't get 'em.  TODAY, mere mortals and those up in the clouds have the exact same software.  But I believe many of the regulars here are not doing the cloud thing but are on the perpetual license plan.  How is Adobe going to support users with problems with or questions about the new Blivet Filter when the power users here don't actually have it?  Where will telephone support from India send customers if we can't help 'em here?

Of course, it may just work out to be a Ps CS6.5 release that perpetual licensees can end up buying anyway, just decreasing the time between the points at which we have to shell out a few hundred dollars.  We'll see how it goes.

-Noel

• 32. Re: CS6 Update 8/30
                                                                      Noel Carboni Level 8

By the way, R, 13.0.1 still records .html in the action. 

SFWTest.png

-Noel

• 33. Re: CS6 Update 8/30
                                                                        c.pfaffenbichler Level 9

when real features show up for folks who pay by the month if those who paid up front just can't get 'em

Well, isn’t it our own fault for stubbornly refusing to accept the benevolence of Adobe management?

I somehow doubt that the program developpers came up with the cloud license concept …

• 34. Re: CS6 Update 8/30

Yes I tested to fast if you don't override the name the expor steo is OK if you override the name the save for web export is recorded wrong

Set: Set 1

Action: SFW

Export

Using: Save for Web

Operation: Save

true

In: C:\Documents and Settings\Mr Mouse\Desktop\

Format: JPEG

Without Interlaced

Quality: 80

0

Quality Modification Channel Strength: 0

Without Quality Channel Text Layers

Without Quality Channel Vector Layers

With Optimized

Number Of Passes: 1

Blur: 0

Without Embed ICC Profile

Without Matte

Matte Color Red: 255

Matte Color Green: 255

Matte Color Blue: 255

Without Save HTML File

With Save Image Files

Slices: All Slices

Color Handling: Convert to sRGB

Metadata: Copyright and Contact Info

Without Output XHTML

With Include Comments

With Always Add Alt Attribute

With Always Quote Attributes

Without Close All Tags

With Include Zero Margins on Body Tag

HTML Tags Case: Lowercase

HTML Attribute Case: Lowercase

HTML Indent: -1

HTML Line Endings: Automatic

<unknown>

Without Generate CSS

Empty Cells: GIF, IMG WH

TD WH: Auto

Vertical Spacer Cells: Auto (Bottom/Right)

Horizontal Spacer Cells: Auto (Bottom/Right)

Slice Name Components: Filename Component list

Filename Component

Filename Component Type: doc. name

Filename Component

Filename Component Type: underscore

Filename Component

Filename Component Type: layer name or slice no.

Filename Component

Filename Component Type: none

Filename Component

Filename Component

Without View As Background

Background Image Path:  “”

Background Color Type: Matte

File Name Components: Filename Component list

Filename Component

Filename Component Type: slice name

Filename Component

Filename Component Type: hyphen

Filename Component

Filename Component Type: trigger name

Filename Component

Filename Component

Filename Component Type: rollover state

Filename Component

...3 More

Without Mac OS 9 Filename Compatibility

With Windows Filename Compatibility

With Unix Filename Compatibility

With Use Images Subfolder

With Copy Background Image when Saving

Images Subfolder Path:  “images”

Export

Using: Save for Web

Operation: Save

true

In: C:\Documents and Settings\Mr Mouse\Desktop\

Custom File Name:  “bzaxoLowQ.html”                                            <------ Overrideing the name changest extention to html

Format: JPEG

Without Interlaced

Quality: 22

0

Quality Modification Channel Strength: 0

Without Quality Channel Text Layers

Without Quality Channel Vector Layers

With Optimized

Number Of Passes: 1

Blur: 0

Without Embed ICC Profile

Without Matte

Matte Color Red: 255

Matte Color Green: 255

Matte Color Blue: 255

Without Save HTML File

With Save Image Files

Slices: All Slices

Color Handling: Convert to sRGB

Metadata: Copyright and Contact Info

Without Output XHTML

With Include Comments

With Always Add Alt Attribute

With Always Quote Attributes

Without Close All Tags

With Include Zero Margins on Body Tag

HTML Tags Case: Lowercase

HTML Attribute Case: Lowercase

HTML Indent: -1

HTML Line Endings: Automatic

<unknown>

Without Generate CSS

Empty Cells: GIF, IMG WH

TD WH: Auto

Vertical Spacer Cells: Auto (Bottom/Right)

Horizontal Spacer Cells: Auto (Bottom/Right)

Slice Name Components: Filename Component list

Filename Component

Filename Component Type: doc. name

Filename Component

Filename Component

Filename Component Type: layer name or slice no.

Filename Component

Filename Component

Filename Component

Without View As Background

Background Image Path:  “”

Background Color Type: Matte

File Name Components: Filename Component list

Filename Component

Filename Component Type: slice name

Filename Component

Filename Component Type: hyphen

Filename Component

Filename Component Type: trigger name

Filename Component

Filename Component

Filename Component Type: rollover state

Filename Component

...3 More

Without Mac OS 9 Filename Compatibility

With Windows Filename Compatibility

With Unix Filename Compatibility

With Use Images Subfolder

With Copy Background Image when Saving

Images Subfolder Path:  “images”

• 35. Re: CS6 Update 8/30
                                                                            Paulo Skylar Level 4

Noel Carboni wrote:

.......... TODAY, mere mortals and those up in the clouds have the exact same software .......................

-Noel

Not exactly true, Illustrator cloud people are ahead of the rest of us mortals - Check THIS out .

Paulo

• 36. Re: CS6 Update 8/30
                                                                              conroy Level 5

Cloud customers could be seen as beta testers for features which will be added to the regular non-cloud version of the software a few months later.

• 37. Re: CS6 Update 8/30
                                                                                Paulo Skylar Level 4

conroy2009 wrote:

Cloud customers could be seen as beta testers for features which will be added to the regular non-cloud version of the software a few months later.

While that's a possibility I would personally not count on it. More likely is the scenario in which the non-cloud people would see these features in the next version of the software and not in the next dot release.

Illustrator in the cloud now has NEW features and it has not been the practice of Adobe to add new features in dot releases. I suspect that this will be the nature of the incentive to move customers to the cloud - it offers more now.  If new features were added to the purchased versions after the cloud people suffered through the beta testing, the incentive would be the other way around and that's not the plan as best I can tell.

With regard to fixes of existing features then yes, the cloud people will get it first, act as unwilling beta testers and then it will be included in the next dot release.

Paulo

• 38. Re: CS6 Update 8/30
                                                                                  Noel Carboni Level 8

Paulo Skylar wrote:

Illustrator in the cloud now has NEW features

I'm a bit sad to see the promise/threat coming true, actually, though I'm not surprised.

While I know the "perpetual license" gives a bit of a false sense of security I just don't want to move to the rental model.  I say "false" because if Adobe fell off into the Pacific and their activation servers were to stop working, where would those of us with "perpetual licenses" really be?

-Noel

• 39. Re: CS6 Update 8/30
                                                                                    Paulo Skylar Level 4

Noel Carboni wrote:

........ I just don't want to move to the rental model....

-Noel

That's a +1 for me as well.

Paul

1 2 Previous Next