• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot contact reliable source

New Here ,
Aug 30, 2012 Aug 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When attempting to install the lastest release of Adobe Flash Player 11, I get the following error at 47% completion of the install, "Cannot contact reliable source".  I currently have Flash Player version 11.3.300.271 running on Windows 7 (64-bit).  How do I resolve this issue?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving this discussion to the Installing Flash Player forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please see this help document for links to installers that should help you get past this:

http://helpx.adobe.com/content/help/en/flash-player/kb/installation-problems-flash-player-windows.ht...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried following the document and that was no help...I clicked on Flash Player for ActiveX (Internet Explorer) and the download got to 45% and stopped working.  I saw others having this problem and they had to uninstall and install.  Is this my only option? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 31, 2012 Aug 31, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ideally, this link should work. I think there is an issue with your Internet connection.

In the option you mentioned (uninstall and then install), you need to download Flash Player.

Could you please check the Internet connection speed?

Thanks,

Sunil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2012 Dec 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep the installer uses full bandwidth, so i would recommend to pause any youtube videos or download and try again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 22, 2013 May 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have a look at your HOSTS file and see if any entries are blocking connection to Adobe's servers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 24, 2013 Jun 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just wondered if ANYONE ever figured out how to actually FIX the 'CANNOT CONTACT RELIABLE SOURCE' error... I'm running 11.7.700.202 trying to upgrade to 11.7.200.224 and I'm getting the EXACT SAME MESSAGE at the EXACT SAME POINT in my attempt to download!

Please... if you have a complete solution to this, list it like a recipe for me to follow, OK?

Thanks in advance!

Larry James

P.S.  What is extremely frustrating is to see how many people and for how long this error has been around, yet NOTHING official from ADOBE?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2013 Jul 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I got the same error while downloading and stopped 47%.

I was able to download and install using Google Chrome by clicking "direct links for other browsers" under "Failed to initialize" section in the following link.  The "direct links for Internet Explorer" using I.E. does not work.  It seems like this is more like a conflict with I.E.  Hope this work for you, too.

http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/installation-problems-flash-player-windows.html#main-pars_hea...

Failed to initialize

Reason: Antivirus software from vendors like Comodo, Jiangmin, and Rising are incorrectly identifying the Adobe Flash Player installer as malware. False reports from these vendors include “TrojWare.Win32.Trojan.Agent.Gen,” “Trojan/JmGeneric.bcy,” and “Suspicious.” Users are also reporting “Failed to Initialize” errors and the installer is getting quarantined.

Workaround: Antivirus software vendors and service providers are currently addressing this issue so that the installer is recognized as being legitimate. Ensure that your antivirus signatures are up-to-date.

If the issue persists, use the direct links for Internet Explorer or direct links for other browsers to download Flash Player installer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines