8 Replies Latest reply on Oct 29, 2012 10:16 PM by alaa alshahed

Difference between note 10.1 PS Touch

Levin10

Hi,

In the new Samsung Galaxy note 10.1 there is a pre-installed PS Touch.

Is there any difference between this and the PS Touch on the Android market?

Thanks.

• 1. Re: Difference between note 10.1 PS Touch
          Warunicorn Adobe Community Professional

Don't believe there isn't any difference; just that the Note 10.1 takes advantage of the stylus capabilities already available in PS Touch.

• 2. Re: Difference between note 10.1 PS Touch
            greule Adobe Employee

One additional note to Warunicorns comment. Future updates may arrive slightly earlier or later between these two versions.

-

Guido

• 3. Re: Difference between note 10.1 PS Touch
              alaa alshahed

i think there is a diffrent because in a video in you tube a guy using ipad and Photoshop touch can save it in jpg, png,psdx and PSD and in galaxy note 10.1 only jpg and png

• 4. Re: Difference between note 10.1 PS Touch

alaa alshahed wrote:

i think there is a diffrent because in a video in you tube a guy using ipad and Photoshop touch can save it in jpg, png,psdx and PSD and in galaxy note 10.1 only jpg and png

I can save in those formats on my Android tablet. It just all depends on where you're saving/exporting the project.

If you're saving to the tablet ("Save to Gallery"), the following formats are available:

JPEG

PNG

If you're saving to the cloud ("Upload to Creative Cloud"):

JPEG

PNG

PSDX (PS Touch's native file format)

If saving to email ("Share by E-mail"):

JPEG

PNG

PSD

• 5. Re: Difference between note 10.1 PS Touch
                  alaa alshahed Level 1

oh thank you for this information it helped me alot but is it true that our free PS can't install any update and the update is just for puying version and if this is wright so is this update just fixes for some problem or there is upgrade for the tools and PS features ?

• 6. Re: Difference between note 10.1 PS Touch

Since PS Touch was bundled with the Note 10.1, I imagine any updates would have to be handled between Adobe and Samsung (maybe for Samsung to push out).

• 7. Re: Difference between note 10.1 PS Touch
                      rtan73 Level 2

I just bought my Note and purchased the Google play version of PS Touch because I'm positive that it'll get updated. I'm not sure if the pre-installed version would ever get an update and if it did I'm sure they would lag far behind.

As of  Oct. 29 2012, the pre-installed version is 1.2.0 and the Google play version is 1.3.0.

Version 1.3.0 increases the maxium resolution of a working image to 4048x4048 from the 1.2.0 version which was 2048x2048. Also the FX brush is a selection underbrushes although it doesn't seem to work as a brush, and only works as a layer adjustment. I think it might be a bug.

If you go to the Google Play store and look under the whats new tab you'll see what else has benn added. I figured it's only $10 so what the hell.  You'll have two identical icons and will have to remember which is which. I just placed and icon for the one I use on a homepage.

• 8. Re: Difference between note 10.1 PS Touch
                        alaa alshahed Level 1

That what I had read it before somewhere on the internet and to wait until Samsung push this update I think I will wait to the end of the year as android jelly beans for my s3 still didn't come to my country and this was a software from Samsung that launched this software around the world wide last month how about Photoshop touch

I will purchase the Google play version better than wait for Samsung