Actually just adding a Solid Color Layer set to Blend Mode Screen would work in this case, too, as the background is black.
Hi Mr. C
Thanks for your quick answer!!!! (bowing)
Q--- How did you get the white layer with heart image - (top layer) ? Is it a mask layer??
I'm not so strong with photoshop. sorry..
• load a Channel as a Selection by command- (ctrl- on Windows, I guess) clicking the Channel in the Channels Panel,
• Select > Inverse and
• Layer > New Fill Layer > Solid Color,
thereby the Layer Mask will be the inverted Channel, so to speak.
I got it!
In the begining the heart-drawing was too weak to be selected - so I changed the level to bring that up.
Then I could select the heart from channnel panel.
Beautifully done - thanks millions!!
I found the way to change the colored background to different color.
I hope it will help someone
The problem = ops..all the layers are flattened!
But I need to change the background color....how ??
1) Duplicate the original layer
2) Imiage > Adjustments > Black & White
3) Click Adjustment Layer > Levels
Tweek levels to make the gray image to (pure) black and white.
Make sure to click on Clipping Mask so the effect works on the layer below.
4) Click the original layer.
Adjustment layer > Solid Color
Choose whatever the background color you want to change to.
I chose purple.
5) Click the gray layer.
Change the Blending Mode > Screen
Tadaaa ! You see the result?
6) If you want to change the intensity of Heart pattern go to the Level adjustment layer (on step 3) to adjust.