3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 29, 2016 12:16 AM by the_dudes

Why is my Hardware Accelerate Composition, Layer, and Footage Panels check box disabled

C_Hauger Level 1

Hello anyone!

I have all the requirements to meet Adobe's standards for GPU requirements, but this check box (Hardware Accelerate Composition, Layer, and Footage Panels)[Edit>Preferences>Display] is disabled for me, why? Do I need to worry about this setting? Does it really matter? Any information on this topic would be helpful. Thanks in adavance for your feedback.

GPU Information:

Fast Draft:Available
      Texture Memory:924.00 MB
      Ray-tracing:GPU

OpenGL

Vendor:NVIDIA Corporation
      Device:GeForce GTX 470/PCIe/SSE2
      Version:3.0.0
      Total Memory:1.20 GB
      Shader Model:4.0 or later

CUDA

Driver Version:4.2
      Devices:1 (GeForce GTX 470)
      Current Usable Memory:608.00 MB (at application launch)
      Maximum Usable Memory:1.25 GB

Computer:

Windows 7 64bit SP1

24GB MEM

i7 intel

Feature support levels

There are three tiers or levels, from lowest to highest requirements, of support:

Level 1: For OpenGL SwapBuffer:
      This level simply requires a GPU that can do OpenGL 1.5, or greater, with Shader Model 3.0, or greater. Most ATI and NVIDIA cards, and the Intel HD Graphics 3000 chipset (available in the MacBook Air, Mac Mini, various Windows machines, etc.) and 4000 (Windows only at this time) are supported. If your GPU does not support these requirements, software OS blitting like CS5.5 occurs, and there are improvements for software blitting in After Effects CS6, as well.

Level 2: For Fast Draft previews, Hardware BlitPipe, and Cartoon GPU acceleration:
      Includes Level 1 features. This level requires OpenGL 2.0, or greater (with Shader Model 4.0, or greater, on Windows), and 256 MB, or greater, of texture memory. Most ATI and NVIDIA cards released in the past five years, plus the Intel HD Graphics 3000/4000, support this level.

If your GPU does not support these requirements, these features will be disabled:

• Fast Draft mode
      • The "Hardware Accelerate Composition, Layer, and Footage Panels" preference.
      • The Cartoon effect's "Use OpenGL When Available" option (the Cartoon effect then runs on the CPU).

Level 3: For Ray-traced 3D rendering on the GPU:
      Includes Level 1 & 2 features (for machines with attached monitors). This level requires a supported NVIDIA GPU and 512 MB, or greater, of texture memory. For a current list of supported GPUs, see the Adobe website.