1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 1, 2012 4:05 AM by -hans-

Applescript: Create Grep Style in a Paragraph style

TheKrayframe

Hi All

I'm using the following script to create a grep style within a paragraph style.

However, the I can't get it to apply my character style? I'm using the applied character style:"GREP_No Break-Text" but no luck!

Here the script:

tell application "Adobe InDesign CS6"

activate

tell active document

-- MAKE SWATCHES ************************************************************************************

-- make "**No Break-Text**" swatch

try

set myColourSwatch to swatch "**No Break-Text**"

on error

make new color with properties {model:process, space:CMYK, color value:{0, 100, 0, 0}, name:"**No Break-Text**"}

end try

-- MAKE CHARACTER STYLES ************************************************************************************

--

--no style by that name already exists.

try

set myCharacterStyle to character style "GREP_No Break-Text"

on error

--The style did not exist, so create it.

set myCharacterStyle to make character style with properties {name:"GREP_No Break-Text"}

end try

--At this point, the variable myCharacterStyle contains a reference to a character

--style object, which you can now use to specify formatting.

set no break of myCharacterStyle to true

set fill color of myCharacterStyle to "**No Break-Text**"

-- MAKE PARA STYLES  ************************************************************************************

--no style by that name already exists.

try

set myParagraphStyle to paragraph style "Body - Master"

on error

--The style did not exist, so create it.

set myParagraphStyle to make paragraph style with properties {name:"Body - Master"}

end try

tell paragraph style "Body - Master"

make new nested grep style with properties {grep expression:"GREP EXPRESSION HERE"} -- this works

--make new nested grep style with properties {grep expression:"GREP EXPRESSION HERE", applied character style:"GREP_No Break-Text"} -- This dosen't work

end tell

end tell

end tell