3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 2, 2012 1:34 PM by RandySwineford

Printing uncompleted form & Excel

HossyHos

Can I save my Adobe Form to an Excel file?  And is there a way to print an uncompleted form, to have for those who do not have computer access?  Thanks, Wendy

• 1. Re: Printing uncompleted form & Excel
          RandySwineford Adobe Employee

There is no way to save the actual form design to Excel. You can save the responses you collected to Excel (File-> Export Responses).

Currently, the only way to print an uncompleted form is to generate a PDF version of the form (FIle-Save PDF form), open it in Reader and print. Please note that this feature is a paid only feature.

Randy

• 2. Re: Printing uncompleted form & Excel
            HossyHos Level 1

Randy,  thanks for the info.   I do have 2 other questions…

1.       My form shows page break dividers and my form is two pages in length.  When I save this to a PDF file (to be completed offline), how do I have the footer “page 1 of 2” generated in the PDF document.  Write now, it seems that I have to do this manually and only after I save a copy of the generated PDF file (because the security settings do not allow me to modify the system generated PDF file).  Is there a way to set up the form such that it will perhaps even show “Page 1 of 2” and “Page 2 of 2” on the actual online form?

2.       Also, I have some fields that are required to be completed and others that are optional.  These are indicated by the red asterisks.  However, the system generated PDF document does not show which fields are required.  Any clues on how to get these to show up on the PDF document?

Sure appreciate your assistance.

Wendy

• 3. Re: Printing uncompleted form & Excel
              RandySwineford Adobe Employee

#1 - There is no way to put a footer on the pdf form with the page number in it using FormsCentral.

#2 - We don't show the asterick in PDF because the Adobe Reader changes the form field border to Red for required fields

Here is an example - first 2 fields are red (and required); 3rd field is not required.

Capture.PNG