6 Replies Latest reply on Sep 11, 2012 8:57 AM by BJBBJB1

Intermittent video "static" bars, rolling wavy lines with no image

BJBBJB1 Level 1

I have had some of these strange things with a consumer-level NLE I used to have but not used to having them with Pr Pro. 

I am running CS6 and on 2 projects I am working on, when I have sections with JPEG images with transitions, I am getting (at times) these strange images where the picture image is gone, and replaced (not with that Adobe, "no source file background" but non-colored, grey, wavy lines.  Kind of like an old Black and White TV with no picture and rolling lines in a way.

I first noticed it on the AME output file, then I went back and looked at the premiere project, I did not see the problem on the image where I had the issue on my output.  Then on another project, there was a sequence of 5 images was blank on the output. Not all images were like this, just certain ones.  And they had displayed and rendered correctly the first time.  I do not use "preview images" for my rendering.

I did notice the same thing popup in Premiere pro when I moved the slider onto one of the images...but if I hit "play", it went away.  And the spot where it popped it played fine.  For now, I have tried deleting the offending images from one of the projects. FWIW, I had previously deleted and re-entered them in the sequence with no luck.

Very...very strange.  Any ideas would be most welcome.

BJBBJB1

• 1. Re: Intermittent video "static" bars, rolling wavy lines with no image
          the_wine_snob Level 9

First, a few questions:

1. What are the pixel x pixel dimensions of your Still Images?
          2. What is the Sequence Frame Size?
          3. What is the make/model of your video driver, and your OS?
          4. What is the date/number of the installed video driver?

Good luck, and please let us know a bit more.

Hunt

• 2. Re: Intermittent video "static" bars, rolling wavy lines with no image
            BJBBJB1 Level 1

Bill,

Here is the information:

1.   What are the pixel x pixel dimensions of your Still Images?  3676X2736 JPEG's (panning and zooming)

2.    What is the Sequence Frame Size? From source, through Prem. Pro project, through AME and Encore....to Blu-Ray image build, all 1440x1080 (1.33par)

3.    What is the make/model of your video driver, and your OS?  Windows 7 64 bit with 24gig of memory running an i7 940.

4.    What is the date/number of the installed video driver? NVIDIA driver,  301.42. Think it is the latest one.

5.  using CS6 premiere Pro and AME.....CS5.1 Encore (CS6 Encore continues to demand that I re-transcode my AME-transcoded 1440x1080 video (which it should not)....CS5 Encore correctly does not). Adobe is looking at that issue.

I did not have this "video noise" problem at all with my first render and build of the project.  Only after I tweaked a few items did it come up.

I am rendering through AME at 1440x1080, MPEG-2, 2pass, with high quality. Max quality. 

The thing is, it seems random, inconsistent.  I had a first render and burn that a whole section of images were fine.  Then something happened after I went back to tweak some things.....and the next render and build another few images had the issue.  I deleted those, and then that first section that was fine had the problem.

Can I delete temprorary files or something that the project uses to see if that is the issue?

I also tried to save the premiere project to a new file.

Finally, on the same project, when I tried to build a Blu-Ray image in Encore I got the following error mid-build:  "Blu-ray Object:"<Menu>MenuWorkingCopy",Error:"invalid parameter", Code "19", Note:"Failed to open MUI file."

Thanks again,

BJBBJB1

• 3. Re: Intermittent video "static" bars, rolling wavy lines with no image
              josephs51576386 Level 3

What type of GPU do you have? I see you said you had the latest NVIDIA driver but what model card do you have? Also have you tried to render without using GPU accleration and see if that changes anything? Have you tried turning off max bit depth and max render quality?

One time I was editing some content when I was still using cs5 and I had some graphics that where doing something similar to what you're currently describing and when I turned those off the problem went away. I never did figure out what the cause was though.

• 4. Re: Intermittent video "static" bars, rolling wavy lines with no image
                BJBBJB1 Level 1

I can't use hardware accleration with my card.

However, now BOTH projects where I start with a similar menu (but have edited different buttons and backgrounds) are giving me an error mid build....

Object:"<Menu>MenuWorkingCopy",Error:"invalid parameter", Code "19", Note:"Failed to open MUI file."

This looks like a menu error?  I was not getting this earlier from either project.....and now both have the error.  So I can't even build an image.

And I know this same menu did not cause a problem with max render in CS4 or 5 when I was using all the CS4 and then 5 modules.

Could turning on Max render quality be causing this error in Encore?

What does this "error opening MUI file" mean?

BJBBJB1

• 5. Re: Intermittent video "static" bars, rolling wavy lines with no image
                  josephs51576386 Level 3

I never actually had a error message pop up back when I was experincing my issue in cs5. It just put these wierd gray jagged lines on the graphics on the screen. Then when I turned of Max Bit Depth and Render quality the issue went away. If you're having issues in Encore then I probably can't be of much help since I don't use Encore on a daily basis like I use Premiere Pro.

• 6. Re: Intermittent video "static" bars, rolling wavy lines with no image
                    BJBBJB1 Level 1

Here was the solution for me.  I went back and re-made my menus from scratch.  And the error disappeared from the build. 

Also, the static bars/video noise disappeared!  Makes absolutely no sense for the bars to go away but that is what worked.

BJBBJB1