4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 2, 2012 11:00 PM by Mylenium

Help needed.

ilusionzx

Okay, I've searched everywhere and I can't seem to find an answer to this question.

I have been trying to make changes to a composition in After Effects CS6, but everytime I do, it makes changes to all of my other compositions. Even when I duplicate the composition on the project folder, it still changes everything.

I am on a deadline and I need help with this, fast. Any help would be appreciated.

• 1. Re: Help needed.
          ilusionzx Level 1

30 views and not one reply. Sounds about right.

• 2. Re: Help needed.
            Fuzzy Barsik Level 4

What does it change exactly?

Is it a precomposition, which is utilised in other compositions?

What are you trying to change?

• 3. Re: Help needed.
              Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I have no idea what you're trying to change. Please be more specific.

Composition settings only change the settings for the composition you have selected.

Changing an animation inside a composition will affect every composition that has tne changed composition nested inside it.

• 4. Re: Help needed.
                Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

30 views and not one reply. Sounds about right.

Google is indexing this forum every ten minutes. That alone causes up to 5 hits for every new thread. And then it's weekend, an extended one for Americans due to Labor Day no less, so pardon me, expecting someone to reply within 30 minutes is just utterly foolish. People have better things to do than sit on their hands waiting for someone... Anyway, as the others said, the caloric value of your post is near zero. You're not telling us anything that would allow anyone to even begin helping you. A lot more info is required about the structure of your project, effects and specific features involved, possibly screenshots, system info.

Mylenium