5 Replies Latest reply on Sep 7, 2012 8:30 PM by Frustrated in AZ

Can't activate Digital Editions

ThomasBurlington

Can't activate Digital Editions. Error:  E_ADEPT_REQUEST_EXPIRED http://adeactivate.adobe.com/adept/Activate 2012-09-02T13:32:48-07:00%20(1346617968000)%20is%20before%202012-09-02T14:06:49-07:00%20( 1346620009678) I checked date and  time zone of computer (and tried all possibilities. I have moved from Ghana to Europe to Canada in recent years). Also activated immediately after download, so 'good until' time should not have passed. What now?

• 1. Re: Can't activate Digital Editions
          angiesuz

I am having the same problem. I just set up my account with adobe and downloaded the digital editions. When I went to authorize my computer, the same error message popped up. How can this be when I JUST MADE MY ACCOUNT?? None of the adobe chat people will help and the lady actually told me that I needed to call. Well they don't answer questions over the phone for free software...so I am stuck. Anyone have a suggestions? I am at a loss and I can't use good portion of my nook until this is fixed.

• 2. Re: Can't activate Digital Editions
            angiesuz Level 1

Okay, I think I figured out what is going on. It appears that the error message is from a time zone error on your computer, the clock is set wrong...along those lines. Thus expiration error occurs. I just got done reading for like 3 hours in the forums about this and ONLY 1 admin addressed the issue back in Aug 10 (way to go support tech and ignore the rest of us =(... Anyway check your time/Clock on your computer and try again. If it doesn't work well we are out of luck because nothing else was suggested in the forums. I try calling and asking directly for a supervisor and transfer the call to the country you are in.

• 3. Re: Can't activate Digital Editions
              ThomasBurlington Level 1

OK, I solved it. for me at least. I clicked on the time on the bottom right of the screen, and clicked "change date and time settings". Then there are two options. "Change Date and Time". I set the time 3 hours later, and then tried again to activate. It worked.

Previously I had tried to "Change Time Zone". That didn't work.

Hope this helps.

• 4. Re: Can't activate Digital Editions
                natnat12100

Thanks A LOT!! I have been going crazy for the past hour trying to understand why I kept getting that error message when I tried to authorize my computer. I even contacted customer service through chat but they couldn't help me.

So yes, same thing as you : the way to finally manage to authorize the computer was to CHANGE THE TIME. Actually, funnily enough, what worked for me was changing the Time Zone. I think it's based on what address or city you give when you register.

For example, for me, I had the right time for my city, but the wrong Time Zone. Once everything matched, it worked.

So for those of you who get that "REQUEST_EXPIRED" error message, you now know what to do!

• 5. Re: Can't activate Digital Editions
                  Frustrated in AZ Level 4

Yep.  When someone posts about a 'request expired', it HAS to be the time

settings.  That's what the message is telling you.  It's just not specific

enough, IMO, and it could be.

=============