3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 3, 2012 8:31 AM by MD Sports Shooter

Batch Command in CS5 is greyed out

MD Sports Shooter

The Batch Command in CS5 is greyed out.  I am running CS5 64 bit with  Windows 7 64-bit.  Any ideas. It was working and now it does not.

• 1. Re: Batch Command in CS5 is greyed out
          c.pfaffenbichler Level 8

Boilerplate-text:

Are Photoshop and OS fully updated and have you performed the usual trouble-shooting routines (trashing prefs by keeping command-alt-shift/ctrl-alt-shift pressed while starting Photoshop after making sure all customized presets like Actions, Patterns, Brushes etc. have been saved and making a note of the Preferences you’ve changed, 3rd party plug-ins deactivation, system maintenance, cleaning caches, font validation, etc.)?

• 2. Re: Batch Command in CS5 is greyed out
            Noel Carboni Level 8

You're talking about the Batch... entry in the File - Automate menu inside Photoshop itself?  That's weird, I have never seen that one become disabled.

Do you have any actions at all loaded into your Actions panel?

Have you quit and restarted Photoshop, and does the problem persist?

Failing these things, I think I might suggest clearing all the preferences to defaults.  You can do this by pressing and holding Control-Shift-Alt (or Shift-Command-Option on a Mac) immediately upon cold starting Photoshop.  If you're quick enough to get the keys down - and you have to be very quick - it will prompt you to delete your current preferences, which will lead to the generation of out-of-box defaults.  Clearing preferences quite often restores operation when weird things go wrong.  Keep in mind you'll have to re-do all your settings after this operation.

-Noel

• 3. Re: Batch Command in CS5 is greyed out
              MD Sports Shooter Level 1

The Actions folder had been moved.  Reloaded the actions and all is well.

Thanks very much.