4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 5, 2012 11:02 PM by Mylenium

Parse Problem?

scott_mo Level 1

I'm rendering out an image sequence of a time lapse that was shot over two days. For some reason I can't render it out. Can someone tell me what this error message is?

I tried to render it to the codec (APple Prores (HQ) an also the default Animation codec)

Both times this error came up after rendering 5 seconds of the 20 second clip.

Thanks,

Scott

I'm running this CPU

MacBook Pro

Model Identifier:    MacBookPro4,1

Processor Name:    Intel Core 2 Duo

Processor Speed:    2.5 GHz

Number Of Processors:    1

Total Number Of Cores:    2

L2 Cache:    6 MB

Memory:    4 GB

Bus Speed:    800 MHz

Screen shot 2012-09-03 at 3.11.28 PM.png

• 1. Re: Parse Problem?
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

One of your source files is damaged/ incompatible. This has nothing to do with the output file.

Mylenium

• 2. Re: Parse Problem?
            Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

What's the frame size of the composition? It looks like you're running out of memory. You may need to set your preferences to purge frames more often. You get to the setting by holding down the shift key while opening Preferences>General. Click on the Secret option and disable layer cache and purge every 3 or 4 frames.

Screen Shot 2012-09-03 at 8.58.44 PM.png

• 3. Re: Parse Problem?
              scott_mo Level 1

I just tried what you said but  encountered the same problem. The image sequence is a time lapse taken on 2-3 days. The file numbers line up but the time stamp will be different. I have this error pop up when I try to import the image sequence but when I manually check the jepegs everything is there. I'm stumped… Is there a way to override it and make a movie file and cut away any footage that may be damaged later on?

Screen shot 2012-09-05 at 10.10.26 AM.png

• 4. Re: Parse Problem?
                Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

Batch convert the images through Photoshop, Bridge or any Image converter/ viewer software like IrfanView or XnView. While at it, also strip al lmeta data. doing this will take care of both potential issues - flakey meta data making AE burp and damaged frames not rendering properly.

Mylenium