6 Replies Latest reply on Feb 27, 2008 2:46 AM by

List of Changes since B3

B3 release had a list of changes sine B2 which was very helpful. Is there such a list for 1.0 release?
        • 1. Re: List of Changes since B3
          anirudhs Level 2
          AIR 1.0 release notes highlights some differences between beta versions and 1.0.

There are essentially no API changes from beta 3 to 1.0. Though I think Loader.loadBytes has been changed so that by default you can't load content into the application sandbox.
          • 2. Re: List of Changes since B3
            RossRitchey Level 4
            Those release notes do not talk about the differences between Beta3 and 1.0 at all. The only mention of any of the betas of AIR is a listing of when they expire.

I understand if there are no differences, but can we at least get a listing of ANYTHING that is different. Like, for instance, the application descriptor XML. In Beta3 you set its type to <application xmlns=" http://ns.adobe.com/air/application/1.0.M6"> This was different in every beta release. I imagine that it is different for the 1.0 release too, but I have not found any note of this in my 3+ hours of searching on Adobe.com.

Also, if Loader.loadBytes has changed, then there should be a documentation of that for all of us that have been building with AIR since it was called Apollo. The *maybe change you note could very well break some peoples applications entirely.
            1 person found this helpful
            • 3. Re: List of Changes since B3
              anirudhs Level 2
              To be fair, the release notes do talk about "DATE and DATETIME column affinities are incompatible with AIR Beta versions", "Column affinity behavior is incompatible with AIR Beta versions". :)

Though I totally understand your point about having a migration doc from Beta 3 to 1.0.
              • 4. Re: List of Changes since B3
                Oliver Goldman Adobe Employee
                The namespace for 1.0 is " http://ns.adobe.com/air/application/1.0".

Oliver Goldman | Adobe AIR Engineering

• 5. Re: List of Changes since B3
                  Ytww533
                  A migration doc would definitely be very useful for people like me who have been using beta3. I just did the "migration" blindly. I hope it worked. It seems to be OK so far, although my applications folder does not show the air icon.
                  • 6. Re: List of Changes since B3
                    While I would appreciate having a migration doc, I am more disturbed by the thought process that resulted in the disappearance of such docs. I hope long beta cycle fatigue explains it.