6 Replies Latest reply on Oct 26, 2009 11:59 AM by Playazls

SWFLoader Flashpaper

Playazls
      if(printVB.getChildByName("fpSendfax")){printVB.re moveChild(printVB.getChildByName("fpSendfax"));}

var ldr:SWFLoader = new SWFLoader();
      ldr.name = "fpSendfax";
      var url:String = "flash/flashpaperloader.swf";
      ldr.load(url);
      ldr.addEventListener(Event.COMPLETE, function(event:Event):void {printVB.addChild(ldr)});

I use the above code to load a flashpaper which is generated by coldfusion cfc. When I load the movie for the first time it works great.

If i reload another movie I get a black screen and the flashpaper loads in the background.

Here are the examples.

Good image:
      Image when loaded properly (1st time)

Bad image:
      Image with black screen (2st time +)
        • 1. Re: SWFLoader Flashpaper
          Novian
          Hi Ryan,

Did you figure out a solution for this problem? I'm experiencing the same thing.

Thanks.

Novian
          • 2. Re: SWFLoader Flashpaper
            Juls1980

Hi

I'm having this same problem... did either of you find a solution??

Thanks

Juls

• 3. Re: SWFLoader Flashpaper
              Flex harUI Adobe Employee

Not sure what you mean by "reload"  Are you using the same SWFLoader instance or a new one?

Alex Harui

Flex SDK Developer

Adobe Systems Inc.

Blog: http://blogs.adobe.com/aharui

• 4. Re: SWFLoader Flashpaper
                Juls1980 Level 1

I have tab navigator with a SWFloader on two of the tabs (ie two SWFLoaders), the first tab shows the Flash paper doc fine but when I view the second one which is showing a different flash paper doc it has a black screen on the SWFLoader and the flash paper loads in the background (it looks like it's completely outside of the SWFLoader).

At first I thought it was possibly the 2nd document but if I switch the order of the documents around its still the 2nd SWFLoader that doesn't show the document correctly.

Thanks for your help :-)

• 5. Re: SWFLoader Flashpaper
                  Flex harUI Adobe Employee

Could be a bug in the player.  FlashPaper runs in AS2/AVM1 and there might still be some kinks with how it interacts with AS3/AVM2.

However, it is also known that SWFLoaders in TabNavigators can get sized incorrectly due to fact that when the TabNavigator asks for their size, the SWFLoader on page 2 may not have its content yet and thus reports a 0 size and the TabNavigator might not ask for size again.

I would run a test where you cut the screen in half and use two SWFLoaders to load the two pages so everything is visible at the same time.  Set the width/height of the SWFLoaders so they don't get asked for their size.

Alex Harui

Flex SDK Developer

Adobe Systems Inc.

Blog: http://blogs.adobe.com/aharui

• 6. Re: SWFLoader Flashpaper
                    Playazls Level 1

Sorry for the VERY late response. I was able to resolve this issue by removing previous instance from stage then create a new SWFLoader();