• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Special version of RH7 needed for translation?

New Here ,
Feb 22, 2008 Feb 22, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm working with a translator who is going to be updating a RH project written in Japanese. The last time the project was updated, the (previous) translator worked on it in RH5. The new translator will be purchasing RH7 to perform the update work. My question is, does the translator need to purchase a Japanese version of RH7, or is there just one version of RH7, which the translator will need to configure (during install or elsewhere) to support the Japanese language and char set? In case it matters, the project output will be WebHelp.

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think there's only one version of RH7. It supports Unicode, so your translator can do everything there. It has a much longer list of supported languages than previous versions. With the project open, the translator would have to select Japanese as the project language in Project Settings.

There have been a few threads on getting Japanese to work just right in RH7, so you may want to search the forum and check those out. Good luck,

Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Making sure you have language packs installed is covered on my site.

The problems with Japanese characters that Ben refers to are fixed in the recent update so make sure you applied that before you start work.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Ben, Peter --
Thanks much for the quick replies! I'll pass all that on to the translator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp