4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 26, 2012 12:30 AM by interactivepdf

Tag structure for a linked TOC

Mexican Sage Level 1

What is the proper tagging structure for a linked Table of Contents and how does one create it? I can't find instructions on how to do it!! I am tagging my document on a Mac and using Adobe Acrobat Pro X. Thank you for any help you can give me!!

• 1. Re: Tag structure for a linked TOC
          CtDave Level 5

It sounds like you are post-processing an existing PDF to build / augment the structure tree.
          In that context it might be best to take a basic approach.

Say you have:

Line 1 is: This is the TOC

Line 2 is: Chapter 1 (some text) (maybe a leader .....) (maybe a page number)
          Line 3 is: 1.1 (some text for sub-section level 1) (maybe a leader .....) (maybe a page number)
          Line 4 is: 1.1.1 some text for sub-section level 2) ( maybe a leader .....) (maybe a page number)

Build this in the structure tree (please, do avoid use of TORU).
          n.b., "[ ]" denotes the content container (the "banker's box seen in the structure tree)

(P) tag
               (Link) tag
                  [ ] objr
                  [ ] (Line 1's content)

More of the same for the remaining 'Lines'

While you could make use of the grouping elements TOC and TOCI doing so manually is non-trivial.

Grouping elements are only used to group other structure elements and are not directly associated with content items.
          You start with -TOC-
          Children of -TOC- can be -TOCI- and/or nested -TOC- elements.
          -TOCI- groups the individual members of a table of contents.
          Children of -TOCI- can be:
          -Lbl-
          -Reference-
          -NonStruct-
          -P-
          -TOC-

Be well...

• 2. Re: Tag structure for a linked TOC
            Mexican Sage Level 1

CTDave and others,

I am trying to create the OBJR links and the Tag Element is grayed out so I can't select it!!

I have selected the Unmarked Links in the Find Element Box/ then selected Find/ I get a Find Completed Box/ I click OK/ and the Tag Element is grayed out!

Is there a work around for this? Is there another way to create an OBJR Link? I assume that I can't just create a new tag and then rename it to the OBJR Link. I have all the other structure in place.

I am creating a linked Table of Contents in Adobe Acrobat Pro.

Thank you!

• 3. Re: Tag structure for a linked TOC
              Mexican Sage Level 1

Can anyone please help me with this??

Thanks!

• 4. Re: Tag structure for a linked TOC
                interactivepdf Level 1

we are having our own pdf software and not dependent on any third party sdks. Plan of upgrading to pdf-1.7 and support pdf/a-3 and some other features. need some reference manuals regarding this.

how to make a basic pdf file tagged pdf file.

how will acrobat viewer identify an aes encrypted file. what are the objects are how to go for it. as basically encrypted goes with file id , owner, user,

encrypt object but specifically how will it identify it as an aes encrypted file. As i am able to encrypt the stream content of pages but while opening in adobe

acrobat its giving error.

Thanks in advance.