• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Best approach to creating a new project that uses topics from an existing project

Explorer ,
Sep 05, 2012 Sep 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use RoboHelp HTML 8 to maintain a WebHelp project with about 650 topics.  I need to create a new WebHelp project (at least I think I do) that will include a subset of the topics from the existing WebHelp project (I'm not sure how many, but I'll guess 50 - 100) as well as perhaps 40-50 new topics.  I would like to maintain in one place the topics that the two projects have in common.  That way, if I need to make a change to any of these topics, I only need to make it once.  I also would like to use the same skins and other formatting files from the existing project. What is the best approach to doing this?  Thanks for your help!

Bill

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 06, 2012 Sep 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Bill. If I understand you correctly you seem to require two different outputs using (at least in part) the same set of source files. This is where using Conditional Build Tags will save you a whole load of hassle. You don't need to create a new project. All your source is in the same project but when you generate your content you define the content that is generated. Click here for further details.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp