2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 5, 2012 5:42 PM by vdubpq32

CS5 running slow only when editing certain clips

vdubpq32

I've searched and didn't find a situation like this one...most "running slow" questions were about the program as a whole.

I have a project that I started a few weeks ago.  I've been opening it and editing it a few times a week.  Everything was running fine (both After Effects & PP).  A few days ago, I opened the project, and opened as usual.  However, I noticed that when I would either try to simply view a clip within the timeline/final putpur preview, or worse, try to apply an effect, it would slow to a crawl, and sometimes freeze, giving the (Not Responding) text to the title bar.  Previews from the list of source footage does not have the same issue.  It would eventually come back.

If I try to export a finished media file, it runs much, much slower (magnitude of at least 3x times) than a couple weeks ago (the last time I did this had almost the same number of effects applied as more recent attempts, so it is not from me adding alot of new effects).

This has been the case for several days now.

Nothing in the project changed between the last 'good' session and the first 'bad' one...the raw files didn't move, I didn't delete preview files (and even if I did, it should have regenerated them).  The computer has been restarted several times, no difference.

The only change that occured to the PC itself is some Windows Updates.  I did delete some preview/rendered files from other projects, but they were all in different projects' folders.

Does this sound familiar to anyone?

Info:

• What version of Premiere Pro? 5.0.0
      • Have you installed the recent updates? No, but I am downloading now and will try.
      • What operating system? Win7 64bit Pro
      • What kind(s) of source footage? From a Canon 550D/T2i (h264 in mov) and a GoPro Hero2 (h264 in mp4) - both 1080
      • What other software are you running?  Not sure what is relevent, but nothing new since I started the project.
      • Do you have any third-party effects or codecs installed? No
      • Tell us about your computer hardware. Be especially certain to tell us about third-party I/O hardware (e.g., AJA, Matrox, Blackmagic, MOTU).
        GIGABYTE GA-EP45-DS3L
        Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.4 Ghz
        OCZ 4 GB DDR2-SDRAM PC2 6400
        Seagate 500 GB 7200rpm SATA 3GB/s
        LG 48X CD-ROM + 16X DVD-ROM + 20X DVD+/-R
        Sapphire 100242L Radeon HD 4850 PCI-E 2.0 16X
        Realtek ALC888 Sound Card
        Realtek 8111C NIC
        D-Link WDA1320 Wireless NIC
      • Are you using Mercury Playback Engine GPU Acceleration?  No, ATI based card.