2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 29, 2008 2:40 AM by mzetlitz

Fireworks CS3 and unicode

mzetlitz
      I am experiencing some annoying problems that might be feature requests. I do not have a large community around me using Fireworks and those few who do, does not use it for complex operations (prototyping of large websites and applications). I therefore hope someone here might confirm that some of the "bugs" might be feature requests

1. Common Library items - Label: Does not support unicode and I experience problems using Norwegian national characters
      2. Similar to above: Cut&paste unicode characters, I get the usual non standardised crap of e.g. "≈rsm¯te"
      3. Pages - should be able to select multiple pages to give them the same settings, Guide (Grid), Optimize settings etc
      4. Better support for drawing a straight line, Shift will only take you so far. I am thinking of e.g. changing the gradient line, it is a precision job to just change the line from being horizontal to vertical and vs.
      5. On OS X Leopard, using Rooms, for all Adobe applications you loose your toolbars when switching, similar to pressing Tab

Anyone with similar challenges?

Btw: Does anyone know where I submit feature wishes to Adobe, other than here?
        • 2. Fireworks CS3 and unicode
          mzetlitz Level 1
          I bet there are others with these problems, so I'll quote my action plan as a reference.

quote:

1. Common Library items - Label: Does not support unicode and I experience problems using Norwegian national characters

I've submitted a bug report on this, as it is clearly a bug and not a feature wish.

quote:

2. Similar to above: Cut&paste unicode characters, I get the usual non standardised crap of e.g. "≈rsm¯te"

This is an strange problem and I found out that cut&paste from a lot of applications work with unicode, it is Safari that is the perpetrator. Even though it is such a narrow issue, I have reported it to Apple.

quote:

3. Pages - should be able to select multiple pages to give them the same settings, Guide (Grid), Optimize settings etc

I've sent this as a feature wish to Adobe.

quote:

4. Better support for drawing a straight line, Shift will only take you so far. I am thinking of e.g. changing the gradient line, it is a precision job to just change the line from being horizontal to vertical and vs.

I have solved this issue by using Grant Hinkson's excellent Gradient panel. Se his article. Although this should be default Fireworks, he has done such a good job and deserves all the credit.

quote:

5. On OS X Leopard, using Rooms, for all Adobe applications you loose your toolbars when switching, similar to pressing

An odd problem I am sure Adobe is aware of, but I submitted it as a minor bug anyway.

And thanks Darrell for the link!