Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lost access to PDF after authorizing

Sep 05, 2012 Sep 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Long story short, I just bought an encrypted PDF and it said it could be shared via Adobe Digital Editions and one's Adobe ID, and I didn't have one. I did have Adobe Digital Editions and it was not authorized because I was dumb and lazy. So, I was able to open up the document just fine without authorization. Once I authorized using a new adobe ID, I was suddenly unable to open the PDF I bought. I just don't want $100 to go down the drain. Please help!

EDIT: the error I now see when I click on the document is "Error - Document is licensed for a different user account." Trying to re-use the .ascm file that got me the pdf to start with gives the E lic already fulfilled by another user error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You'll need to contact the seller if possible for a new download with your new AdobeID.

By reactivating with an AdobeID (that had already been used elsewhere),  you have lost your old anonymous activation and there is no way to get it back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

This is an automated message. I have now switched to using cdu@college.harvard.edu as my primary email. However, Yahoo doesn't provide an automated forwarding option. Please resend this email to my Harvard Address. I am sorry for the inconvenience.

Sincerely,

Charles

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines