4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 6, 2012 3:23 AM by DawMatt

Set of RAW file test images for regression tests

wepurol

Hello

Does anybody own a broad range of test images which can be shared where most RAW file formats are covered to help making a new plugin stable or do regression tests over different versions of Lightroom or plugin revisions?

Thanks,

Daniel

• 1. Re: Set of RAW file test images for regression tests
          areohbee Level 5

Not really. I do have files of a dozen or so different raw formats though, give or take, if you reach a point where you want them - let me know.

• 2. Re: Set of RAW file test images for regression tests
            DawMatt Level 3

The camera reviews at Photography Blog normally include RAW sample images that you can download. You should be able to find most of what you need there.

Matt

• 3. Re: Set of RAW file test images for regression tests
              wepurol Level 1

Hi Matt, I've already thought start collecting the RAW samples from the review pages... but I might never be finished when I want to create a comprehensive collection...

I also hoped to find something usefull by our friends from the dcraw project, but wasnt able to do so far.

I'm pretty sure the LR team itself runs a huge collection of test images for automated tests?

Rob, thx for the offer, it might be a good starting point. I'll let you know when I reach the point.

Daniel

• 4. Re: Set of RAW file test images for regression tests
                DawMatt Level 3

Hi Daniel,

I haven't seen anyone pull together a complete set of RAWs for this type of testing. Most people only need a few samples of different manufacturers just to ensure their code works OK. I'm curious to know what type of Lightroom plugin would require as an exhaustive a set of tests as you are suggesting.

You've already looked at the dcraw team's work. Might also want to look at Phil Harvey and his exiftool work to see if he has a set of test files available. Or RawTherapee though they might not bother with their own testing since I'm pretty sure they use dcraw under the covers.

I suspect you will need to do some downloading of files from review sites unless one of these big players has files ready for testing. Copyright issues might prevent that. Photography Blog makes it as easy as any of the sites I've found to download RAW sample files so keep them in mind if you run out of luck.

Matt