4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 6, 2012 12:59 PM by jason itb

Compiling with compc.exe works but fails with compc.jar

jason itb

Using flex_sdk_4.1.0.16076A and compiled with compc.exe using following command line and works.

compc +flexlib="%FLEX_HOME%\frameworks" -output=target/model.swc -load-config=generated/lib2ant-flex-config.xml -source-path=flex_src,generated/flex/src,"%FLEX_HOME%/frameworks/locale/en_US" -library-path="%FLEX_HOME%/frameworks/libs/datavisualization.swc","%FLEX_HOME%/frameworks /libs/flash-integration.swc","%FLEX_HOME%/frameworks/libs/utilities.swc","%FLEX_HOME%/fram eworks/locale/en_US","C:/repos/itbrepo/trunk/clear4/target/clear4.swc" -external-library-path="%FLEX_HOME%/frameworks/libs/player/10.0/playerglobal.swc","%FLEX_ HOME%/frameworks/libs/textLayout.swc","%FLEX_HOME%/frameworks/libs/osmf.swc","%FLEX_HOME%/ frameworks/libs/framework.swc","%FLEX_HOME%/frameworks/libs/spark.swc","%FLEX_HOME%/framew orks/libs/sparkskins.swc","%FLEX_HOME%/frameworks/libs/rpc.swc"

output:

Loading configuration file C:\repos\itbrepo\trunk\model\generated\lib2ant-flex-config.xml

C:\repos\itbrepo\trunk\model\target\model.swc (540634 bytes)

Using flex_sdk_4.1.0.16076A and compiled with compc.jar using following command line and fails.

java -jar "%FLEX_HOME%\lib\compc.jar" +flexlib="%FLEX_HOME%\frameworks" -output=target/model.swc -load-config=generated/lib2ant-flex-config.xml -source-path=flex_src,generated/flex/src,"%FLEX_HOME%/frameworks/locale/en_US" -library-path="%FLEX_HOME%/frameworks/libs/datavisualization.swc","%FLEX_HOME%/frameworks /libs/flash-integration.swc","%FLEX_HOME%/frameworks/libs/utilities.swc","%FLEX_HOME%/fram eworks/locale/en_US","C:/repos/itbrepo/trunk/clear4/target/clear4.swc" -external-library-path="%FLEX_HOME%/frameworks/libs/player/10.0/playerglobal.swc","%FLEX_ HOME%/frameworks/libs/textLayout.swc","%FLEX_HOME%/frameworks/libs/osmf.swc","%FLEX_HOME%/ frameworks/libs/framework.swc","%FLEX_HOME%/frameworks/libs/spark.swc","%FLEX_HOME%/framew orks/libs/sparkskins.swc","%FLEX_HOME%/frameworks/libs/rpc.swc"

output:

Loading configuration file C:\repos\itbrepo\trunk\model\generated\lib2ant-flex-config.xml

Error: null

The command line args are all the same and from what I understand compc.exe calls compc.jar internally anyway.  Can someone point me in the right direction?  I tried all sorts of options to output more info but none worked.

• 1. Re: Compiling with compc.exe works but fails with compc.jar
          Flex harUI Adobe Employee

In the bin folder next to compc.exe is a unix shellscript call compc.  Open it in a text editor.  It might be setting up some JVM params you need.

• 2. Re: Compiling with compc.exe works but fails with compc.jar
            jason itb Level 1

Thanks for the reply.  I looked in there and have not noticed anything as I have set FLEX_HOME in my env vars.  I also tried the jvm args in the shell script without any success.  Btw I'm using Windows 7 so I am using compc.exe instead of the shell script but that was a good place to check.  I want to do the same check on compc.exe to see if there is anything getting set there as well... Is there a place where I can get the source code for compc.exe?  Thanks.

compc shell source code below:

#!/bin/sh

################################################################################

##

##  ADOBE SYSTEMS INCORPORATED

##  Copyright 2007 Adobe Systems Incorporated

##  All Rights Reserved.

##

##  NOTICE: Adobe permits you to use, modify, and distribute this file

##  in accordance with the terms of the license agreement accompanying it.

##

################################################################################

#

# compc launch script for unix.  On windows, compc.exe is used and

# java settings are managed in jvm.config in this directory.

#

case `uname` in

CYGWIN*)

OS="Windows"

;;

*)

OS=Unix

esac

D32=''

if [ $OS = "Windows" ]; then

# set FLEX_HOME relative to compc if not set

test "$FLEX_HOME" = "" && {

FLEX_HOME=`dirname $0`/..

FLEX_HOME=`cygpath -m $FLEX_HOME`

}

elif [ $OS = "Unix" ]; then

# set FLEX_HOME relative to compc if not set

test "$FLEX_HOME" = "" && {

FLEX_HOME=`dirname "$0"`/..

}

check64="`java -version 2>&1 | grep -i 64-Bit`"

isOSX="`uname | grep -i Darwin`"

if [ "$isOSX" != "" -a "$HOSTTYPE" = "x86_64" -a "$check64" != "" ]; then

D32='-d32'

fi

fi

# don't use $FLEX_HOME in this variable because it may contain spaces,

# instead put it on the java args directly, with double-quotes around it

VMARGS="-Xmx384m -Dsun.io.useCanonCaches=false  "

java $VMARGS $D32 $SETUP_SH_VMARGS -jar "$FLEX_HOME/lib/compc.jar" +flexlib="$FLEX_HOME/frameworks" "$@"

• 3. Re: Compiling with compc.exe works but fails with compc.jar
              Flex harUI Adobe Employee

I’m not sure the source for the .exe if publicly available.  I’ll look again, but I didn’t find it on the first search.  Another option you have is to look at how compc is used in the ant scripts.

• 4. Re: Compiling with compc.exe works but fails with compc.jar
                jason itb Level 1

Ok thanks for the help.  Will look at some ant scripts, but if you can find the source for compc.exe that would be awesome.