7 Replies Latest reply on Sep 10, 2012 3:17 PM by mytaxsite.co.uk

How to Update Acrobat X with error 1635?  (Microsoft Fix It and repeated uninstalls unsuccessful)

woorob

Hello,

I recently replaced Acrobat 9 Professional with Acrobat X (standard).  One of the reasons I did so was because I always received an error 1635 message when attempting to update Acrobat 9 Professional, which annoyed me, and which I thought I could eliminate with a fresh install (not an update) of the new Acrobat X Standard program.  However, I find that I cannot update Acrobat X either, as I still get the same "error 1635" message when attempting an update.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the program several times, but receive the same error message when attempting to update.  I then used Revo Uninstaller, no difference.  I have run the Microsoft fix it tool, again, no difference.  Despite everything I've done, I continue to receive the "error 1635" message every time I attempt to update the Acrobat X program.  Very frustrating!

Can anyone help identify the issue and suggest a fix?  I imagine this issue is the result of a bad registry key but I have no way of identifying which key (or keys) to delete.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Bob Woods